Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default new member saying hello

hello, Shannon Barnard from NZ, have been playing at online sleuthing for a few years, hampered by very limited computer skills. Trying to identify a mystery paternal grandfather in the uk is my main interest but generally loving filling in other family names as well. Thank you in advance for any helpful clues I might find here and please excuse any technical lapses...

Hello Shannon, and welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. You'll find that we have a good mix of expertise here - plenty of beginners, but also kind and helpful experts who are willing to help. Have a wander around the various forums (you can find them via the dropdown menu labelled Forum at the top right of the screen) and see what fits your interests. You'll find that many forums have a collection of messages labelled "sticky" at the top - these are usually general information about some aspect of that forum topic.
    Forums are often nested inside others to try and keep some sort of order. For example, things like uploading photos are dealt with in the forum called "Navigating Brit Gen inside the forum "Finding your Feet on Brit Gen". I've also put a message with suggestions as to how to get the most out of a query HERE.
    Geographical forums are nested under "County Forums", including (for some mysterious reason) the rest of the world......

Enjoy!