Thread: Saying hello

Default Saying hello

Hi I've just joined the forum, my name is Liz Phillips, originally from Staffordshire, but moved to the Vendee in France 14 years ago. Have spent approx 30 years researching various sides of my family. I well remember the days before the internet, when travelling to other county archives was about the only choice, very time consuming! But handling the old records had it's charm. Family names for research are Fewtrell of Shropshire I have a lot of info if anyone needs it. Page family West Midlands and Morris family London/Worcester. Stumped completely on my Roberts family, but hope to break it one day. Wishing everyone luck with their searching.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Liz,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I don't go back thirty years in researching but I do remember the days when only very little was on the internet (1881 census, transcript only), and most of my research consisted of going to the Family Records Centre in Myddelton Street and hauling the BMD ledgers off the shelf. Today's researchers have no cause to moan.

We do have some excellent sleuths on the forum, so hopefully they may be able to find a break-through with your Roberts.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”