Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oconnor=ayres

Settling in

Ok i will order this end of the week. .....thank you people.

Famous for offering help & advice

Jean,
    If he was a foundling,would William Richard and Elizabeth (Dore) been able to register his birth in Manchester after they had taken him in? Not sure how registration worked back then.

Wonder why the change to O'Connor too? Certainly a puzzle!

Pam.

Settling in

Tbh iv no real clues.....my cousin says her father who bearing in mind is 90 said that real name was billy ayres,but used name billy oconnor when boxing..?
    But there was some trouble....the nature of wich isnt remembered. ...and he dropped the name ayres used oconnor and stayed in area when boxing booth moved on....

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by akon66 View Post
    Tbh iv no real clues.....my cousin says her father who bearing in mind is 90 said that real name was billy ayres,but used name billy oconnor when boxing..?
    But there was some trouble....the nature of wich isnt remembered. ...and he dropped the name ayres used oconnor and stayed in area when boxing booth moved on....

Maybe a search of the newspaper archives is also needed!

When I mentioned tablet I meant the electronic devise not the medication!!!! However with this thread and another I feel I have lost the plot....all good fun jx

Jean,
    If he was a foundling,would William Richard and Elizabeth (Dore) been able to register his birth in Manchester after they had taken him in? Not sure how registration worked back then.
    That's the bit I do not understand and why were the couple in Manchester/Salford...the address of the birth should give us some clues. I am sure I saw Richard as a Leather Dresser which would fit with the glove industry in and around the Manchester city

All we need to do now is wait for snail mail and the birth cert

Jean

Settling in

Sorry to pop up again. ...im ordering birth cert in next week or so waiting for payday....maybe iam having a silly minute here but what exactly will this birth cert tell me,,again sorry if im missing the obvious....long hours at wrk frazzle me

Settling in

Just read post no 20......doh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123