Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frederick Steel

janbooth

Looks as if Frederick & Florence E STEEL moved to Tottenham. Electoral Registers of 1951-1963 show them living at 38 Stanhope Gardens. Also living at the same address during this period are a Mark & Winifred VERCOUTRE.

Death registration of a Florence Elizabeth STEEL June 1998 at Lambeth reg district, dob 13 September 1904 which corresponds with the 1939 Register entry for Florence GROGAN. However, I cannot find a likely death registration for Frederick STEEL in the same sort of area.

Janet

Matthew George Steel was my great granddad and charlotte was my great grandmother I will get both certificate's

An update to this Frederick Steel and Florence Elizabeth Grogan did marry in 1942 in Finsbury Florence was 38 years old at the time her father was James Grogan found this out on the marriage certificate now so search the death of Frederick Steel any more help would be greatfull

janbooth

According to the GRO Index, Frederick STEEL's birth was registered in the June qtr 1909 at Middlesborough. He was still alive and living with Florence in Tottenham in 1963 according to the Electoral Registers. The only likely death registration I have found so far is that of a Frederick STEEL in the September qtr 1973 at Buckrose, East Riding of Yorkshire, dob 9 April 1909.

Janet

Yes Jan I found this out on another reply but Buckrose does not exist now

janbooth

The registration district of Buckrose covers a host of parishes and my knowledge of Yorkshire parishes is pretty limited. However, a site I find very useful for determining which parishes lie within which registration district is https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/ and it may just give you an inkling as to whether this death registration is a possibility for your Frederick STEEL. As I said, it does appear to be the only one that fits the parameters of his birth registration. Is it likely that he and Florence returned to live in Yorkshire for a short time and that after his death Florence returned to London?

Janet

Thanks again Jan I have since found out Buckrose is name used in the past now part of East Yorkshire I will get Fredericks death certificate as I am 99%sure it's him as the birthdate is correct thanks once again for your hep everyone

janbooth

Fingers crossed! Do let us know if he does turn out to be your Frederick.

Janet

Yes I will

Janet I got Frederick Steel's death certificate from East Yorkshire council it's is my great Uncle he died in Butlins in Firley Buckrose was the administration name used that's what threw me as I know the area well but as East Yorkshire so this brick wall is broken at long last thanks everyone for the help on this person much great full gratitude

George (teamwilly)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast