Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starting to feel at home

This is great thank you. As with everything to do with chasing down family members always raises new lines to follow,now need to go and see if I can of find out who Alice Watson was. Thank you Brian

Reputation beyond repute

now need to go and see if I can of find out who Alice Watson was
    No sorry. What you need to do is order a copy of the will & grant. The link Jean provided doesn't work.

I think this one is OK..

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk...ge=75#calendar

Find your man and copy the relevant details onto the form.

With luck the will should show how his assets were distributed. The grant may clarify who Alice Watson was.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Peter, one day I will get my links correct, still works on my machine...I thought I was doing a favour looking for it as the name was Smith!!

jx

Reputation beyond repute

Jean
    I wasn't having a go at you. You were being helpful. Some links do let us down - you think they're going to work but they only work in conjunction with some cookie or other on our device.

I only poked my nose in because the questioner seemed to be floundering. I hope the link I gave works and that he understands what to do.

Starting to feel at home

Both links worked for me, thank you both. Not so much floundering as hailing from Yorkshire trying to overcome the upset of the possibility of parting with a £10 note. Cheers Brian

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Jean
    I wasn't having a go at you. You were being helpful. Some links do let us down - you think they're going to work but they only work in conjunction with some cookie or other on our device.

I only poked my nose in because the questioner seemed to be floundering. I hope the link I gave works and that he understands what to do.
    Peter

Did not see it as that just my lack of understanding how some of the 'net works when other parts don't.

Hey poke your nose in as much as you like, ( as long as it doesn't grow like Pinnocchinose we're a team that get good results, besides bouncing of one another

Jeanx

Starting to feel at home

Just to say thank you, ordered the will and it arrived for download on Tuesday. Alice Watson was an employee\manageress in the business of which she got half. The will only mentions one shop so I will be looking to see where the others were and what happened to them. Very good start though.

Sorry for delay but for some reason the combination of my username and password was not working.

Cheers for now, Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12