Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BernieFD

Default Thomas Murphy married Catherine where?

I am trying to get some information on Family History for my wife . The only information I have on this family is the Marriage of Thomas Murphy ( Born 1842) to Catherine McKay, (marriage is circa 1863) .I believe that both were born in Ireland but I don't know where they were married. I know it is not a lot to go on but maybe one of the researchers can help me , Kind Regards Bernie Donnelly.

BernieFD

I can now add a little more to my post at 74. Thomas Murphy (above) had a brother William who was my wife's grandfather and who married Sarah Evelyn Heyes and they had 3 children John who died at 16 years old , Grace Ann and William (my wife's father) born 1912 in Bolton Lancashire.

I am trying to obtain the marriage details for Thomas and Catherine , details in 74 above .I would like to get details of the parents of Thomas and his brother William.

Hope one of the researchers can help, Kind regards, Bernie, Australia.

Reputation beyond repute

Marriages Jun 1874
    Daley Margaret Bolton 8c 505
    Doyle Moses Bolton 8c 505
    McKay Catherine Bolton 8c 505
    MURPHY Thomas Bolton 8c 505

BernieFD

Thanks Peter, but I am a little confused. What is the significance of the names Doyle and Daley and marriage in Kent when I believe Thomas Murphy married Catherine McKay in Bolton, as I thought, or maybe married in Ireland circa 1863 I have added a bit more info on post number 2 Hope you can help to sort it out, Bernie. Australia

Quote Originally Posted by BernieFD View Post
    Thanks Peter, but I am a little confused. What is the significance of the names Doyle and Daley and marriage in Kent when I believe Thomas Murphy married Catherine McKay in Bolton, as I thought, or maybe married in Ireland circa 1863 I have added a bit more info on post number 2 Hope you can help to sort it out, Bernie. Australia
    If you do a search for the marriage on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl you will see four people have been transcribed to the page, it would seem Margaret Daley married Moses Doyle and Thomas Murphy married Catherine Mckay, both marriages were in the Bolton registration district. Where have you seen KENT mentioned?
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by BernieFD View Post
    I can now add a little more to my post at 74. Thomas Murphy (above) had a brother William who was my wife's grandfather and who married Sarah Evelyn Heyes and they had 3 children John who died at 16 years old , Grace Ann and William (my wife's father) born 1912 in Bolton Lancashire.

I am trying to obtain the marriage details for Thomas and Catherine , details in 74 above .I would like to get details of the parents of Thomas and his brother William.

Hope one of the researchers can help, Kind regards, Bernie, Australia.
    By the way, I think William Murphy who married Sarah E Heyes is the SON, not the BROTHER of Thomas Murphy who married Catherine Mckay. I don't have time now to post census details but no doubt someone else will be along to help you sort out the relationships.
    Alma

BernieFD

Thanks almach, I will wait and see if there are any more replies, Bernie FD Australia.

Famous for offering help & advice

Thomas states born Bedford,Lancashire as birthplace on all census. Catherine born Ireland.

Bedford,Lancashire was in the Parish of Leigh.

BernieFD

Thanks, is it possible to maybe find the parents of both Thomas and Catherine. See post 1
    Further to post 6 and the reply that William is the son of Thomas I believe from other family information that Thomas and William were in fact brothers , we have a photograph of both of them outside the shop owned by Thomas as they were market gardeners.( (There are just too many William Murphys)
    Thomas and Catherine did have a son William (see post 2) who was my wife's grandfather and married Sarah Evelyn Heyes who in turn had yet another William (born 1912) my wife's father .
    Why could they not have had names like murphycovitch!!!! it would have been much easier to find something!!!!!!!
    BernieFD

BernieFD

Regarding my post above, I cannot really confirm that Thomas and William were brothers , only from the photo we have, and that is only an assumption. we really need to get the full information on Thomas to see who his parents were. Maybe the marriage details of him and Catherine McKay will help tp resolve the uncertainty . I hope something turns up to solve the problem.!!!
    Thanks BernieFD, Austrtalia.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast