Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Help with book idea

I have been researching my family for 19 years and am now thinking of writing some of it up into books. One idea is to do a book about ancestors who were in the war and their stories along with pictures of them and some war poetry I'll write. The other idea is a book about some of the more interesting characters in my family. Just not sure the way in which to write it up to make it interesting for people so any suggestions or tips greatly appreciated

Brick wall demolition expert!

I think that you have to decide who you are aiming the book at. What would engage them?

If they are new to family history then maybe go for interesting characters side, but if its a younger audience may be war stories would engage them more.

Once you have written one; write the other.

If you can, include background details about things they could have used or seen. Even little things bring the story to life. What did kitchen equipment of the period look like? What did an ag lab (or any other occupation) use by way of tools of the trade? If you go for the military option, how did they live? Food, clothes, etc.