Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Job Boulton - Progress!

The origins of my ancestor Job Bolton/Boulton have been a mystery to me for years.

I had a breakthrough today. I found a few TNA documents featuring my Job Boulton/Bolton of Droitwich, dating to 1687, and I just received emails of the images of those document. I am waiting for a quote for a transcription but, already, from looking briefly at the documents, I have a few new family members.

Job Bolton is described as of Wych, and being under the age of 21 years. He had a brother Joseph of Stratford Upon Avon, also under the age of 21, and also a sister, deceased, Rebecca, who was the wife of John Harrison, wheelwright, of Stratford Upon Avon, and a father-in-law (of Joseph and Job, I'm assuming this is stepfather) Edward Morgan and, I believe, his wife Mary (their mother?), executrix of Joseph Cart of Henly in Arden (her father perhaps?). There's also a William Bolton mentioned, but it's a little tricky going through the document due to it being divided up into separate images, so I am unsure if he is Job's, Joseph's, and Rebecca's father.

There's a lot more names involved, it appears to be pretty complicated legal case involving property, and I need to go through the images more thoroughly, but I couldn't resist writing this post, since I am so excited!

What a brilliant find, no wonder you are excited. I am envious of those whose ancestors were so thoughtful and wealthy enough to have wills.
    Good luck with deciphering the documents.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks!

Already this brickwall is looking a lot more crumbly than before.