Default Who Do You Think You Are? Live event to cease

Sad news. We are sorry to learn from Immediate Media that the long standing show Who Do You Think You Are? Live at the NEC Birmingham will no longer take place.

NOTE: This has nothing to do with the Who Do You Think You Are? television programs that appear to be very successful in a number of countries or the magazine. Only the 3-day, in-person conference at the NEC Birmingham is being terminated.

See more here: https://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/news/wdytya-live-close-its-doors

Brick wall demolition expert!

That is sad news. Thanks for letting us know.

One can only assume that some of the organisations involved, such as the NEC themselves, were simply charging too much. I know that their car-parking fees were the same as the entrance fees.

Reputation beyond repute

The Society of Genealogists. reporting this news, added that "the Society of Genealogists will, of course, continue to work with the genealogical community and, hopefully, will be looking to see if it can once again run its own Family History Show for the benefit of family historians".

attendance numbers at all family history gatherings have been dropping for some time so this really shouldn't surprise us. Make us sad that yet another show will no longer happen.
    I believe the York Family History Fair is happening again this year I wonder how long it will last.

*shakes her pessimistic head and walks away*
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time