Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Charlotte Hall and family on the 1841 census

Thomas Hall M 35-39 Warwickshire
    Sarah Hall F 20-24 Warwickshire
    Ann Hall F 35-39 Warwickshire (could be Thomas's sister)
    John Hall M
    So Im guessing where it say 35 -39 is referring to their age range??? this appears to be very close and perhaps thats where the Ann in this is his wife and the other female Sarah is the sister ..??

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by alansbax View Post
    Thanks for the tips ...OMG its complicated when you get this far back...I also have it that Charlotte Halls parents were Thomas Hall Born 1804 At Alderton, England, with mother Anne (unknown) and that he was a shoe maker from Kettering .. but that is just taken from another persons tree looking for the same people !!!!
    The Marriage cert. will give you both sets of father's name although sometimes they are misleading too.

could this be your Charlotte in the 1851 census

Charlotte Hall
    Census, 1851
    birth: 1834 Bentley, Warwickshire
    residence: 1851 Mancetter, Warwickshire, England
    Servant to Farmer John Alcock an d family Sarah Alcock, Emma H Alcock
    This could be it too Sandy as there is Alcocks in the family later down the line, and also with the Mobbs side , Im thinking they all knew each other in some form or another. I might have to go and find where I got the original info from and check what records they got it all from if possible.
    Regards Alan. So appreciative of all the help one gets on here.

Quote Originally Posted by alansbax View Post
    So Im guessing where it say 35 -39 is referring to their age range??? this appears to be very close and perhaps thats where the Ann in this is his wife and the other female Sarah is the sister ..??

Sorry my mistake (have a 2 1/2 year old grandson messing around he knows how to switch off the computer)
    Just seen the age of Sarah so I would say she is his sister. 1841 Census round up or down the ages to the nearest 5.

Also found this Christening
    Charlotte Hall
    Christening Date 29 Dec 1833
    Christening Place BAXTERLEY,WARWICK,ENGLAND
    Father's Name Thomas Hall
    Mother's Name Anne

Other christenings of children with the parents Thomas and Ann
    Anne Hall
    Christening Date 13 Mar 1836
    Birth Date 07 Feb 1836

Joseph Hall
    Christening Date 23 Oct 1831

southistle

The marriage record is on ancestry

Nov 1 1852 at Polesworth after Banns
    Richard BAXTER age 23 bachelor, miner residing at Poleswoth, father Richard Baxter a farmer
    Charlotte HALL age 19 spinster residing at Grendon father Thomas Hall a labourer
    witnesses William Wainwright? & Emma Hall

Married on the same day were Joseph Baxter age 29 father Thomas
    Ann Baxter age 28 father James

Quote Originally Posted by southistle View Post
    The marriage record is on ancestry

Nov 1 1852 at Polesworth after Banns
    Richard BAXTER age 23 bachelor, miner residing at Poleswoth, father Richard Baxter a farmer
    Charlotte HALL age 19 spinster residing at Grendon father Thomas Hall a labourer
    witnesses William Wainwright? & Emma Hall
    Yes Southisle...This part is def it ,,and this would also tie in with Sandy's find on Charlottes family with brothers and sisters with the older sister witnessing the wedding. We basically knew that Charlotte's father was a Thomas Hall as one of my cousins is supposed to be named after him. That side seems to be coming together and ties in. it corresponds with all the info I have, the tricky part is the Baxter side, Sandy's mention of Richard living with his grandmother at age 12 on an 1841 census and now wondering if possibly Richards father ended up in Australia as a convict ...JUST a maybe. there are 72 Baxters sent out as convicts ,,but ill keep searching ...Its highly likely that Richards father was named William or Richard as the name William and Richard run right through our family tree down until today with the first born son since arriving in Australia being named William for every generation here and the second son's named Richard, my eldest brother is William George.
    Regards Alan.

I was just intrigued also Sandy, I notice your Surname is Hall from Northamptonshire and wondering if there is a connection to the Halls in that area... I simply HAD to ask, lol.
    Regards Alan.

LOL no only a Hall by marriage which was not a very good one so got divorced a long time ago. Maiden name is Moss from Middlesex and Essex.

LOL no only a Hall by marriage which was not a very good one so got divorced a long time ago. Maiden name is Moss from Middlesex and Essex.
    Ohhh thats sad ... well at least you sound like you are very happy. Your help has been tremendous Sandy ...so thankful .. this reseaching the family is quite exciting when you find something like where your ancestors have written something in their hand writing but I love the way a lot of them just leave their MARK... I keep thinking how many crosses there must have been on millions of documents lol. And could people actually recognise their own CROSS ..ha ha ..I think today we forget how accessible education is and how lucky we are. I love the history but I sure wouldn't have liked living back then.
    regards Alan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast