Thread: Ancestry DNA

Famous for offering help & advice

Default Ancestry DNA

Has anyone used the Ancestry DNA ? Are the results easy to understand? Are there other DNA test kits that you can recommend?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Pamela,

There are not that many threads in the DNA research forum - have you read through them?
    Probably this one in particular (I'll admit I haven't read it myself but the title sounds useful.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...-on-the-market

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

My wife had an Ancestry DNA test done,she thought her family were English(Charters) and Irish(Bresnan) with family stories of a spanish woman marrying into the family in early 1800's and passing on Mediteranean Anemia to some descendants.The test showed a very low percentage of DNA from Spain.
    The results were easy to follow though slow to arrive.
    Eric

DianaCanada

I am happy to say I am quite sure I have figured ou ut the father of my great-granndfather through AncDNA. I am waiting for another of his descendant's kits to be completed to be more confident in my theory. One day I hope to figure out whom my "missing" grandfather was as well.
    Most peope don't put much stock in the ethnicity results, especially how they categorize "British".