Default Royal Scot Fusiliers

Hi there

Im trying to find my grandfather's records and find out what medals he has.. my uncle has them and i would like to get replicas.. unfortunately on here i am coming to a dead end... does anyone have any info as to how to find his record no? I do have it 3128867 Peter McQueen.. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.. WW2

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    The MOD has not yet released WW2 service records for publication online. If you look at the first message in this WW2 forum, HERE, you will find the information that you are looking for.

One of the features of the BG system is that we leave frequently requested info as "sticky"posts at the tops of the various forums.

If you came to us via FWR, you may find the post HERE useful.

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

You have his service number and it fits in the block allocation for Royal Scots Fusiliers 3122001 - 3178000
    So as Lesley stated, apply for his service records.
    When you get them, it will tell you his battalion and then you can look at the war diaries.

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.

Having re-read message 1, if your Uncle has the medals, why don't you ask him which ones they are? That would be simplest!

BTW I should have mentioned that you will need a copy of his death certificate and 30 pounds to buy a copy of his service records.