+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibarb View Post
    Hi Christina,
    Thanks for taking the time to look this up. I wish I could say yes, that is him, but I just have no idea. He was born about 1855-60 and suspect is nearer the 1855. His death certificate has him as 55 at his death in 1915 but suspect that is incorrect.

Beautiful day here too so need to spend the time outside. Back to it later like you.
    Enjoy the day.

Regards
    Barbara
    Hi Barbara
    I take it that you are researching an Edward Evans who you are certain died in 1915 and may possibly be this man the deserter. Do you have the death certificate? What else do you know about 'your' Edward Evans? Wife? Marriage date, place, age at marriage, occupation, witnesses? Any children?
    Christina
    W
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Thanks

Hi Lesley,
    Thanks for the info. I have the marriage certificate of Edward Evans and Helena Rosina Carpenter and Edwards father's name is Thomas Evans. They married 1907 in Liverpool. Years after their children were born!! Edward was a slater's labourer most of his life but don't know what Thomas's occupation was. Thanks for the links will look at them.

Regards
    Barbara

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Ancestry links 5163 from the Deserters List to the son of David & Mary E, b. in Ruabon, Denbighshire, but it's not clear what they base this on. He's a coal miner.

In the 1861, they're all living in Ruabon, Wrexham.

How sure are ou that the father is Thomas?
    How did you find the link from Ancestry to son of David & Mary Evans please?
    Thanks.
    Barbara

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Thanks

Hi Christina,

Yes, trying to find more information on Edward Evans b about 1855-60 in Wrexham. Father Thomas.
    I have the death certificate of Edward who died in 1915 in Bootle, Liverpool. His wife was Helena Rosina Carpenter commonly known as Ellen in all Census born in Bristol, not Wrexham as 1891 census states. They married in 1907 in Liverpool. Their witness was Helena's sister Esther Amelia who married the same day as Helena and Edward. Edward was a slater's labourer. Yes according to the 1911 census they had 17 children. I have been able to find 9. One of them was my grandfather Albert Martin Evans b 1889. Others are, George Edward b 1882. Walter James, Thomas Edward (Edward) and Thomas Alfred Evans b 1901. I am in contact and visited with my Evans cousins in UK. They do not have information on Edward either. I am the person doing our family tree.
    It is the Welsh side of the family we know little about and would dearly love to see what we can find of them. Evans in Wales very difficult I know.

Regards
    Barbara

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Thanks

Hi Lesley,
    Have found the links in Ancestry re the birth etc of Edward Evans and the various census.
    Edward was in Liverpool from at least 1882 onward. So the links on ancestry are not the Edward Evans I am looking for.
    Thanks anyway.
    Regards
    Barbara

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2