Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

She is at least consistent with her father's name. Her second marriage took place on 14 December 1880 at Christchurch, London, & shows that James Bowman THARP was a widower of full age, Gentleman, father James SHARP deceased & Amor Ausgusta STANDING was a widow of full age of Newgate Street and her father is shown as John LOVELL deceased. One of the witnesses was E J STANDING, so perhaps the Ernest J STANDING who is living with her in the 1881 census that Jean has found for you.

Her marriage to Edwin MORRIS on 14 November 1894 at St John Woolwich shows her as aged 70, a widow, 34 The Common, father John LOVELL (deceased), Gentleman, so again consistent with the name of her father.

This could be a total red herring, but there is a John LOVELL, aged 62, Gentleman, born Horsleydown, Surrey, in the 1851 census of Rye, Sussex (HO107/1634, folio 374, page 25) who is living in the household of his son Thomas B LOVELL & family, Rye being not too far from Westfield which is where Amor Augusta state she is born in census records. However, so far I am not getting too much further tracing this John LOVELL back in the 1841 census but will keep trying.

Janet

Famous for offering help & advice

https://www.thekeep.info/collections/..._PAR504_34_3_8

https://www.thekeep.info/collections/...PAR504_34_2_21

Above records from East Sussex archives poss of interest. One a maintenance order for John Lovell of Westfield 1810 for sonof Harriet Morris, the other an arrest warrant from 1816 for John Lovell putative father of child to be born to Harriet Morris.

janbooth

Doing a Google search on John LOVELL of Westfield brings up a Family Tree on TNG for the Charles LOVELL that Alma found in post 10 and this shows he was baptised at Westfield St John the Baptist on 27 May 1821, parents John & Maria LOVELL, John being shown as a Labourer. Unfortunately this Tree does not go any further back than the baptism of Charles. However, what may be of interest to you given that Emily LOVELL daughter of Amor was baptised in Frant, Sussex, is that a Charles LOVELL occupied a Pasture Plot of around 4 acres owned by Lord ABERGAVENNY in January 1846 - source The Keep (many thanks to Grisel for their website as I had not heard of it before and is now well and truly bookmarked). Also quite a few other records dated 1846 re land owned by Lord ABERGAVENNY that Charles occupied. So why can't I find him in any census prior to 1861!

Janet

So why can't I find him in any census prior to 1861!
    That's you and me both, Janet. I tried last night but had no luck, he has to be somewhere the little imp!
    Alma

janbooth

Bingo for Charles at least, I think. I looked back at the 1851 census record for Jesse & Emma STANDING and noticed that they were living in Brenchley, Kent. 1841 census of Brenchley (HO107/456/15, folio 38, page 9) shows this family living at Rowden:

John LOVELL 50 Ag Lab
    Maria do 45
    Louisa do 13
    Sarah do 11
    John do 9
    Elizh do 6
    George do 3
    Charles do 20 Ag Lab

All shown as born in the county except for Maria who doesn't have either a yes or a no in that column. 1851 census of Brenchley shows the family as follows:

Mile Oak

John LOVELL Head Mar 62 Ag Lab N.K.
    Maria do Wife Mar 52 Battle Sussex
    John do Son 18 Ag Lab Kent Brenchley
    George do Son 13 do do do
    Marianne do Gdaur 8 do do
    Albert do Grandson 2 do do

1861 census of Brenchley shows John, aged 72 born Hampshire, living at Spring Cottage with wife Maria, aged 65 born Watling Sussex together with unmarried son George. So where is Amor/Emma in the 1841 census?

Janet

janbooth

Another bingo moment I think. 1851 census of Brenchley, Kent (HO107/456/15, folio 6, page 3):

Emma LOVEL 17 F.S. Born in county yes

Living in the household of a Thomas MARCHANT & family who is a Farmer.

Janet

Famous for offering help & advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12