Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brown marriages

whdsn

Hi steve had 3 marriages hoping 1 of them said the groom was from podington beds but only to say of this parish

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I have just looked through the Bucks Archives Marriage Bonds list, and found these marriage bonds, which may be of interest,,,,,,if it's Bedfordshire you're after.

Thomas Brown(Baker from Leighton Buzzard, Beds.), to SARAH Bates (of Leighton Buzzard). Bond granted at Leighton Buzzard. 14 Nov 1798.

Also.....
    Thomas Brown,( Baker of Leighton Buzzard) to Sarah Tring,(Widow of Leighton Buzzard) Bond granted 12 Mar 1794.

And.......
    Thomas Brown (of Leighton Buzzard) to Sarah Tring,(of Leighton Buzzard), Bond granted 12 Mar 1764 at Leighton Buzzard.

I'm not sure if there has been an input error in the last two, but the year is the only thing in question really, and the status of the bride.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

.......another Bond which may be of interest for your notes.

Thomas Brown(aged 26, a Husbandsman of Bradden, Northants), to Sussanah Hankham(aged 24, of Newport Pagnell), Bond granted at Newport Pagnell. 8 July 1712.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

whdsn

Hi Steve my 4th great-grandmother was charity brown born in hargrave about 1800/01 to Thomas and Mary brown, she looks like the only child to be baptised/born in hargrave. mary died in 1827 aged 61 and is buried in hargrave at the time of her death she was staying in hail Weston. on the 1851 census they have Thomas brown being born in poddington about 1771 he remarried in 1829.So i'm having trouble finding a marriage between Thomas and mary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12