+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Loves to help with queries
    Thanks

I thought the Will on the National Archives for Nicholas was for 1739 and ordered it, but it turned out to be the 1704 one. This is fine as I am pretty sure he was the father of the later Nicholas. At this stage it has given me the names of his children and three grandchildren, and that he was a Carpenter. All very useful information.
    I sent an email to Bristol Archives asking what I needed to do to order the Thomas Taylor Will of 1754 but will now also order the 1739 Nicholas Will. I received a reply from Bristol Archives that they would get back to me within two weeks! I'm not sure if there is a quicker way of ordering. I haven't ordered anything from them before. Hopefully these Wills will confirm the parents of Thomas Taylor (1713) and indeed if the 1754 Will is his.
    I haven't yet got round to transcribing the Will I have received but when I do I am happy to share it with anyone who might have an interest.
    Thanks for your help Janet
    Mary

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary C For This Useful Post:

grisel (21-04-2017)

Name well known on Brit-Gen janbooth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 935 Posts

Fingers crossed for you Mary.

Janet
    Impatience can be a virtue - honestly!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janbooth For This Useful Post:

grisel (21-04-2017), Mary C (22-04-2017)

Thanks

I am now impatiently waiting to hear back from Bristol Archives!

Thanks

Hi Everyone - just to keep you up to date. I eventually received the two Wills from Bristol. The 1739 Will was a poor copy and difficult to read but I was able to ascertain names and relationships which was great. From there I discovered a whole world of my 'Quaker Family' in Bristol which has been a very interesting exercise. I have discovered that the brother of my 7 x great Grandfather Samuel Hollister, was Dennis Hollister, a leading light in Quakers in Bristol. He had also been an MP in Cromwell's 'Barebones' Parliament. His granddaughter, Hannah Callowhill was William Penn's second wife. She was obviously a very intelligent woman and effectively administered the Province of Pennsylvania for six years after her husband suffered a serious of strokes. One hundred and twenty five Quakers were imprisoned in Bristol, including Dennis I haven't researched that part properly yet. So many thanks to everyone for their help in my search.
    Mary

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary C For This Useful Post:

grisel (19-06-2017)

Name well known on Brit-Gen janbooth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 935 Posts

Great result for you, Mary, and thank you for letting us know the outcome. Now you have a whole new "world" to discover as you say.

Janet
    Impatience can be a virtue - honestly!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to janbooth For This Useful Post:

Mary C (20-06-2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3