Starting to feel at home

Default Electoral Registers / 1939 Register

Hi, Im just wondering if anyone could shed some light.

Im looking through a 1946 Electoral register, and have noticed certain names have their 1939 Register Identity number after them, I was wondering if anyone knew the significance of this? On average there are maybe 3 on any page who have their ID, so not everyone. Visitors wouldnt have been on the Electoral roll, would they? I dont think theyre new residents, as others not on the May 1945 roll do not have their code listed.

Seems odd to me and wonderd if anyone had come to a conclusion on why theyre there?

Thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Where is the 1946 Electoral Register for? And is this on almost every page, or just one particular ward? Are they mainly women? Could they have been recently married?
    Is there a particular name (e.g. Marmaduke Featherstonehaugh) that can easily be referenced to the 1939 Register to see where they were living then, compared to 1946?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Reputation beyond repute

The National Identity number was used in the 1946 electoral register to distinguish between two people with the same name at the same address.