Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Smile Hoping for a fresh perspective on a dead end!

Hello, I'm Adele. I've been researching my tree for about 25 years. I was initially inspired by my paternal German/Austrian ancestry but I've since investigated all other branches too - it's terribly addictive!! I joined this site, hoping for some advice and maybe even a hint or two on my 4th gt grandparents (John Fenwick and Elizabeth Wilson) who I've drawn a complete blank on. I've never hit a brickwall like it and it's incredibly frustrating. I've had more luck with German ancestry 300 years ago than Northumberland / Gateshead ancestry in the 1850's! Hopefully, I'll be able to help out others on the site too.

Thanks

A

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello Adele

You mention a year and county in the UK. Can you state what the year relates to. Birth / marriage / death.

The county, again more info needed to fry and find these 2 , a city / town / village.

Finally what do you want to know or us to find?

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Hi Adele! -

Good to see you've followed my recommendation - let's hope this is not the one query that no one on here can solve!

cheers, MTS

Hi Adele and welcome to Brit-Gen.
    Everyone is way ahead of me today but I see you have posted here https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...lson-Gateshead about your frustrating ancestors so if anyone wishes to help will you please post on the linked thread. Thanks
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Christina,
    Sorry If I posted in the wrong place. I'm finding the site a bit confusing if I'm honest, I'll go back and read the 'how to use' section again.

Thanks

Adele

Hi Adele
    No you didn't post in the wrong place to introduce yourself, I just wanted to let others know that you had already posted your query with more details in a research forum.
    There are two ways of getting around the forum depending on what you want to do. If you want to post a new thread then click on 'Forum' in the blue bar near the tree stump at the top of the page and scroll down until you find a suitable forum on which to post your query. You can also use the forum page to see what has been posted in a particular forum over the years.
    If you just want to see if there has been anything new posted in any forum in the previous 24 hours then click on Todays Post in the blue bar just above the Forces War records banner. You can also use the What's New button, top right of the page for this.
    Hope this helps a little but above all don't worry, just keep posting and maybe helping others where you can.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs