Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    The parish registers of St Hilary are available to view via Ancestry:

21 December 1833 James WEARN of the parish of St Erth, but non sojourning in St Hilary, bachelor & Eliza Richards ROWE, of Marazia? in this parish, spinster. James marked, Eliz signed as did the witnesses Cathrine ROSKELLEY & James BOOGE.

Janet
    I have toto your searching ability, Janet, because even when I enter just James Wearn and marriage 1833 in 'search all records' I still don't get a result.
    Can you give me a clue as to the title of the database, please? (I really do need to make myself more conversant with all of the UK titles available on Ancestry. Perhaps that could be added to my New Year's resolutions for 2018. )

'Marazia' will be Marazion.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

janbooth

It was pure luck, actually, Pam. Searching by name does not bring up anything for St Hilary but clicking on the first image that appeared which happens to be an Eliza ROWE at Morvah, I then went in and scrolled down the Cornwall parishes link at the top until I came to St Hilary which then gives a list of parish registers available, one of which is Marriages 1813-37. When you click on that, it brings up a whole load of gobbledegook on the first and some subsequent pages. I was just about to post a rather unflattering comment about Ancestry because this is also the case on several other parish records that I have tried to access and I nothing has been done to rectify this when I have notified them in the past, but I decided to search a bit further along the pages and lo and behold up popped some images!! If you go to page 197, there is the parish register image for the marriage. I must try that on my Ebrington parish registers and see if they come up if I search further along!

Hope that is clearer than mud!

Janet

Reputation beyond repute

Ancestry's St Hilary marriages 1813-1837 is a seriously weird collection. Images 1-108 appear to be garbage and the actual business starts at image 109.

whdsn

Thank you everyone for your kind help now that is sorted out. is there a baptism for Eliza Richards Rowe I think she could be the daughter of perran and Mary Rowe but I can't find a baptism for her.

janbooth

There is the baptism on 21 July 1811 at both Marazion & St Hilary for Elizabeth daughter of Perran & Mary ROWE. They had another daughter Elizabeth baptised at both Marazion & St Hilary on 18 December 1803, so perhaps the first Elizabeth died. However, I cannot find a baptism for an Eliza Richards ROWE at Marazion or anywhere else in Cornwall for that matter. The only Eliza ROWE I can find baptised c1807 is one at Sancreed to a John & Elizabeth ROWE, so I am not being much help to you here.

Janet

whdsn

I think the Elizabeth baptised 21 july 1811 married William prisk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12