Starting to feel at home

Default Roman Catholic Baptism

I hope I'm posting this in the right area! If it needs to be moved, please feel free! Not sure if it needs to go in the Catholic records section instead?

Could anyone help figure out what the extra notes on this Roman Catholic baptism read?
    Written in what I presume is Latin!

Thank you!

Famous for offering help & advice

At the top it looks like "Privatum propter periculum" - Privately because of danger, ie thought unlikely to survive.

Beneath I think it's "Ceremoniae suppletae sunt a me Joseph V Hyams 10 (or 11?) Martii 1900" - Ceremony completed by me Joseph V Hyams 10 (or 11?) March 1900. I'm not familiar with Roman Catholic practices, but in the Church of England an emergency baptism is often followed by the child being welcomed into the congregation at a later date - I would imagine this is the same thing.

I might not have transcribed the Latin quite correctly, as some of the word endings are a bit indistinct, but I don't think it would affect my interpretation.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by arthurk View Post
    At the top it looks like "Privatum propter periculum" - Privately because of danger, ie thought unlikely to survive.

Beneath I think it's "Ceremoniae suppletae sunt a me Joseph V Hyams 10 (or 11?) Martii 1900" - Ceremony completed by me Joseph V Hyams 10 (or 11?) March 1900. I'm not familiar with Roman Catholic practices, but in the Church of England an emergency baptism is often followed by the child being welcomed into the congregation at a later date - I would imagine this is the same thing.

I might not have transcribed the Latin quite correctly, as some of the word endings are a bit indistinct, but I don't think it would affect my interpretation.
    Wow, very interesting. Thank you!