Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reputation beyond repute

Good question. He married in Ealing in 1921 and gave an address of Northcroft Road, Ealing. However the electoral registers for immediately before and immediately after the war show he was living in Atkinson Street, SE14. That's not to say he was necessarily there during the war.

jennifer 150

Thank you i found the 1939 ID card register very interesting

jennifer 150

Yes in 1921 my grandmother died Agnes nee Mckinder and a week later he married Elizabeth Culver but do not know where they lived. He had 7 children my mother , Ruby being the youngest he had to take with him.

Reputation beyond repute

a week later he married Elizabeth Culver
    Crikey! That means he must have had the banns called while Agnes was still alive!

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer 150 View Post
    Thank you i found the 1939 ID card register very interesting
    I don't know if you looked at the actual page or the transcription.
    The first three appear at the bottom of the actual page and James Laker is on the next page (> on the right) there you will find that he is on the second line with a black redaction above, that means there was someone else in the house who either is still living or has died too recently to b e unredacted.

jennifer 150

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Crikey! That means he must have had the banns called while Agnes was still alive!
    She had been in someplace for a coupe of years suffering i believe from TB so he did not waste any time after she died

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default The Aircraft Factory, 100 Cambridge Grove Ham

I think this may be what you are looking for:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-WWI-WWII.html

Waring & Gillow furniture factory was present at 100 Cambridge grove Hammersmith 1903. At the onset of WWI the factory started producing aircraft and the Waring & Gillow factory was transformed into the Alliance Aeroplane Company circa 1918. The factory reportedly briefly housed a Renault garage in the 1930s, before it returned to manufacturing planes when the Second World War broke out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12