Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Hi Shaste

    So it sounds as if your information comes from family rather than paperwork. I am just wondering where the name Rochfort comes in? Did the family say Louisa's birth name was Rochfort?

    Mrs P

  2. #12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPoppy View Post
    Hi Shaste

    So it sounds as if your information comes from family rather than paperwork. I am just wondering where the name Rochfort comes in? Did the family say Louisa's birth name was Rochfort?

    Mrs P
    Wonder if this has any bearing on things ??

    Archways NZ
    Former servicemen's rehabilitation files 1952 - 1972
    HARDING, Ronald Rockford

  3. #13
    Valued member of Brit-Gen
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    Wonder if this has any bearing on things ??

    Archways NZ
    Former servicemen's rehabilitation files 1952 - 1972
    HARDING, Ronald Rockford
    NZ death index
    2013/11553 Harding Ronald Rochfort 15 January 1927

  4. #14

    Default

    Hi shippo, these 2 I have found. I believe now that Louisa, born Louisa Harvey did not marry Lewis Harding. I have been unable to find a marriage cert at all. I believe that she late married a Harkins who lived next door to her when she was supposedly married to Harding. She died as Louisa Harkins in 1929.

  5. #15

    Default

    Rochfort appeared to be Louisa Harvey's middle name and it came up again in Ronald's details.

  6. #16
    Valued member of Brit-Gen
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Do you have Louisa's marriage cert when she married Harkins?
    And any of the 2 boys birth certificates?

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    Do you think he is the father to Ernest and Ronald?
    Everyone said Lewis was the father of Earnest and Ronald. They did appear to have different names as they went through life. Louisa was their mother. Originally I was told that Lewis had drowned, he was Captain of his own ship. How often have we heard that same story. The theory that Christanel had in Forum No 3 sounds as close to something about Lewis Harding that I have ever heard. I had thought over the years that they never married, Ronald's second name when he got married was Rochfort.
    Forum No 4. There was talk as well that Lewis was Welsh.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    Do you have Louisa's marriage cert when she married Harkins?
    And any of the 2 boys birth certificates?
    NO, not interested in her so much as I am in Lewis Harding.
    Only details about when she died in 1929.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    NZ death index
    2013/11553 Harding Ronald Rochfort 15 January 1927
    I can't connect this person in the tree or with any certificates I have. It feels like it should fit in tho. Ronald Harding that I have was born 1872 died 1915. I want to explore the Rochfort further.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPoppy View Post
    Hi Shaste

    So it sounds as if your information comes from family rather than paperwork. I am just wondering where the name Rochfort comes in? Did the family say Louisa's birth name was Rochfort?

    Mrs P
    Yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Select a file: