Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hello Dundee, the certificate I have No 2217 clearly states a child's birth. 25th October 1839. I have a certified copy of as entry of birth.
    Mary Jane Waugh that you have, have her birth as being 25 Nov 1839. Is this from a certificate?

Default Waugh

I have relatives in QLD and need to email them to see if they have applied for the marriage certificate. They were going to do this last September.
    Cheers everyone

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by shaste View Post
    Hello Dundee, the certificate I have No 2217 clearly states a child's birth. 25th October 1839. I have a certified copy of as entry of birth.
    Mary Jane Waugh that you have, have her birth as being 25 Nov 1839. Is this from a certificate?
    Sharon - does the document you have look like the image I gave a (very long) link to in post #38? Yes or no?

Alternatively, is certificate no 2217 taken from Army Register Book of births and baptisms you referred to in post #14? (I don't suppose it's online with a company such as Ancestry or Findmypast, is it?)

In addition, exactly what is written on the certificate no 2217 that you have? Does it specifically say Christopher? Does it specifically say Richard? Does it specifically say Diana?
    Sadly, until you answer questions like this we can't help.

It would be wonderful if you could upload the certificate to a photo sharing site such as Google Drive or Photobucket, and then provide the URL so that we could all have a look at the document. (Don't ask me how to do it, because I'm a techno-numpty, and wouldn't know where to start. )

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by shaste View Post
    Sharon, you need to go back and read the posts again. In #5 and #9 details of the baptism of Mary Jane WAUGH were posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Name Mary Jane Waugh
    Gender Female
    Christening Date 08 Dec 1839
    Christening Place SAINT MARY MAGDALENE,WOOLWICH,KENT,ENGLAND
    Birth Date 25 Nov 1839
    Father's Name Richard Waugh
    Mother's Name Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Parish Register records of the baptisms of both Richard William & Mary Jane WAUGH at Woolwich, that Sandy found for you in post 5, state that Richard WAUGH was a Corporal Sappers & Miners of New Road in the case of Mary Jane, & a Private Sappers & Miners of Waterman's Fields in the case of Richard William.

Janet
    The corresponding birth in the Army Register is #2217

https://postimg.org/image/l1dipllfv/

If I were to guess, I would say the month of birth is correct as November in the church register and the Army Register is incorrect.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Thank you for that image, Dundee10.

Sharon - nowhere on that certificate does it say that Christopher is the child of Richard and Diana.
    It doesn't even say that Mary Jane is, but putting two and two together (i.e. the certificate plus the baptism that Sandyhall found) and making four except for a wrong month I would say that the certificate does refer to Mary Jane.

You therefore need a copy of Christopher and Esther's marriage certificate plus the birth certificate of their son Thomas as advised by Dundee10 in post #35 more than ever if you want to have any chance of going further back with Christopher's line.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Default Waugh

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Sharon - does the document you have look like the image I gave a (very long) link to in post #38? Yes or no?

Alternatively, is certificate no 2217 taken from Army Register Book of births and baptisms you referred to in post #14? (I don't suppose it's online with a company such as Ancestry or Findmypast, is it?)

In addition, exactly what is written on the certificate no 2217 that you have? Does it specifically say Christopher? Does it specifically say Richard? Does it specifically say Diana?
    Sadly, until you answer questions like this we can't help.

It would be wonderful if you could upload the certificate to a photo sharing site such as Google Drive or Photobucket, and then provide the URL so that we could all have a look at the document. (Don't ask me how to do it, because I'm a techno-numpty, and wouldn't know where to start. )

Pam
    No more on this till I make contact with my relative in Qld. She is his Great granddaughter. Yes, he was born 1839. she was born 1961.
    Mary Jane Waugh, who is my relative was born 1873 Paparata. Akld NZ.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345