Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Have you actually got the marriage certificate? That's the way to start answering the question.

Otherwise where do the parents' names come from?
    Good advice.

(Btw there is a Wikitree for Christopher which has him born 1838 Penrith, son of a Christopher. May or may not be accurate)

janbooth

Assuming that Sharon has the marriage certificate of Christopher WAUGH & Esther SMITH and that is how she obtained the information that Richard WAUGH was his father - hopefully she has - possible sister Mary Jane SHORT nee WAUGH is in the 1901 census of Dartmouth, Canada, and living with her husband, herself & family is her mother Dinah WAUGH who is shown as a widow born 12 August 1823, born England, and came to Canada in 1860 as did daughter Mary Jane. Perhaps a wee bit sceptical about her year of birth as she would only be 15 when she married in 1838 and she was supposed to be of full age!

However, I am having great difficulty in finding out anything about Christopher WAUGH apart from his Marriage Registration in March qtr 1862 at Auckland reg district. So I think we now need Sharon to come back to us and give us all the substantiated information she has re Christopher & Esther as Peter & Grisel have suggested.

Janet

Sharon, I'm wondering why you've posted in the Cornwall forum, do you have documented evidence that he was born in Cornwall?
    Alma

Default I Have a certified copy of an entry of birth

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Hi Sharon, could we have a little more info please. When and where was Christopher born? Have you found him on any census? What are the names of his children and when/where were they born? Do you know what his occupation was, did he continue to live in Durham after his marriage?
    My media item report tells me. Christopher Waugh was born 25 Oct 1839. entry no 2217.
    His parents are as I listed.
    An entry is in Army Register Book of births and baptisms.
    Rank of Father. - Private
    Christopher Waugh married Esther Smith. Had 1 child George and went to New Zealand. more children there which I have all details on.
    Thanks for your help.

ps He personally told his family that was where they were from. Cornwall.

Birth entry in Army Register Book has his birth as 25 October 1839. Thanks

Family moved to NZ, Christopher, Esther and George as a baby.
    Large family there and both lived there till they passed.

My media item report tells me
    Hi Sharon, as I'm unfamiliar with 'media item reports' please can you point me to them.
    Alma

New Zealand, Cemetery Records, 1800-2007
    St Peters in the Forest Bombay Auckland, New Zealand

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Christopher Waugh and Esther Smith had a daughter Esther who married a James Smith According to her death notice died Sept 18 1921 age 42, daughter of Christopher and Esther Waugh late of Bombay Auckland, both deceased.
    Trove Newspapers -free on line
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

late of Bombay Auckland
    How coincidental, Chris Christopher, Esther and their son, George, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand, on the ship Bombay.

Passenger list https://www.oceaniagenweb.org/index.p...-auckland-1865
    Alma

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast