Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Kevin
    It would make sense to make a specific post on the person(s) you are researching. I would suggest making the title very clear e.g. name of person and any date for birth/death.
    Phillip

Kevin
    For clarity- Are you going to post a new thread on Israel Samuel Cohen aka Israel Samuel c 1738-1806- known as Ensele ben Samuel Cohen " Brightelmstone"- silversmith, toy maker; Member of the Great Synagogue London?
    Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Hi Phillip, my apologies I actually wanted to delete the post about Samuel. Sometimes the more you dig the less you know
    thanks again ..

Hi Kevin, I think I found what happened to Solomon and Sarah's son Enoch. He was listed as a confectioner in Whitechapel in 1871 census. In the 1881 census there is a Enoch Israel Cohen of same age committed to lunatic asylum in Surrey. There is a death record in Surrey in 1896. I so agree there might be a connection with Hanoj Cohen family. Does anyone have the parish church record for the marriage of Solomon and Sarah? I guess it appears Judith and Abraham had an infant Enoch who died in Australia. No wonder Judith returned to London - Australia appeared to be such a tragic experience for this family.

For clarity see Australian Death Index Record -Enoch Israel Cohen b abt 1861 Prahran Victoria Father Abraham Israel Mother Judith
    Death Index -Enoch Israel Cohen b abt 1862 age 1 Victoria-parents Abraham/Judith
    JewishGen Online World Wide Burial Registry- Enoch Israel Cohen- Hanoch Israel Birthplace Prahran 14 Teveth 5623 age at death 18months -HaKohen Section A Row A Plot 370,1 Melbourne General Cemetery
    Phillip

There is an Ancestry.Com Family tree which refers to a Bevis Marks marriage c 1822 for Solomon and Susannah aka Sarah and an address of 69 High Street Shadwell. It would be useful to see more data on this marriage given it is a Sephardi marriage.
    There is a Henry Cohen with a wife Elizabeth and child at 69 High Street Shadwell who appears in the Old Bailey online trial record 1811 see Edward Phillips 18 Sept 1811. Henry states in the trial that he is a tailor and slop seller. JewishGen London data Base also has insurance records for this Henry -1810 clothes salesman and 1811 slop seller.
    There may or may not be a relationship between this Henry and Solomon.
    Phillip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123