Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

You are very welcome. If it is just family knowledge that your Aunt was the child of one of the brothers then, as you say, it might remain a mystery especially if there are no family documents, maintenance payment records or letters and so forth. I am not very au fait with DNA so I don't know if there is a way to distinguish which children come from which brother.

Good luck with your research.

Mrs P

dagian

Wink

DNA would not help as it is passed down through the Male Members of a family which means both Brothers would have the same. At least I have been able to narrow down my Aunt's Father to 2 People in the same family. It is highly unlikely that there would be any documented proof of Payments etc as they were both Married at that time and any payments would likely be 'voluntary and silent' so their spouses would be unaware. In those days Music Hall Artistes had a pretty risque lifestyle due to their nomadic existance and such dalliances were the norm. The Benedetti Bros appear to have appeared everywhere throughout the UK and Italy so they may have 'girls in every Port' and possibly a lot more illigitimate children.

dagian

BTW - forgot to mention why I am so sure that one of the Brothers was the Father. After years of researching I found a reference in a book to a Conversation between one of the Brothers and a very well known Comedian of the day that they had both alledgedly fathered a child with the same girl. I contacted the Author of the book who confirmed the story. However the story had become 'muddled' over the years - one had a child with my Great Aunt and the other with her Sister (my Grandmother). The Birth Certificate shows my Aunt's Middle Name as BENEDETTI. Result!

I think that is just life happening isn't it. I have a friend who was a dancer on the London stages in 1950's/1960's and she said it was a hotbed then.

just realised I had not seen the other post. That is fantastic detective work. There is no smoke without fire so they say and you proved that.

Both brother's seem to die so young didn't they.

I see Gugliemlo's probate on Ancestry has his name as William Gugliemo Benedetti.

Do you think their Wills would mention anything or would it just be a complete secret.

Mrs P

dagian

Not surprised they both died young - such strenuous activity on and off Stage probably wore them out (lol). Now I have established a confirmed connection I can start looking at whatever other records can be accessed to finish the Story. I believe they must have used the names Edward and William (the Cards are signed W Benetti). I have managed to break down many 'brick walls' but sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can help - I am therefore very grateful for your help.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Benedetti brothers

Hi, I just stumbled across your post, if you manage to see this. Guillermo Benedetti was my great grandfather,
    and I know a little of the family history.

A fountain of knowledge

There is a world famous violinist with the same surname but as living doubt I can put the Christian name - just wondered
    if any connection - Italian parents - guess you can google. Won Young Musician of the year - that might help!
    Don't know if this is of interest/any use!
    Jill

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello dagian
    Are you still interested in the Benedetti brothers. I may be able to help as my wife's grandfather was Edoardo or Edwardo depending which document you look at. If so please get in touch and let's see where it takes us in the search. We have many missing answers as well.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Chris77
    Are you still interested in the Benedetti brothers. I may be able to help as my wife's grandfather was Edoardo or Edwardo depending which document you look at. If so please get in touch and let's see where it takes us in the search. We have many missing answers as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast