Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cunningham

Default cunningham

My great grandfather on the 1871 census is aged 1mth but delving deeper with his birth cert he was born in may 1871, the census was taken in April 1871 so how is he registered on it do mistakes happen,also he lived in 39 betnick st on census but on birth cert he lived 29 betnick st.would be grateful for any help His full name is patrick cunningham.
    Last edited by cunningham47; 07-03-2017 at 1:08 PM. Reason: to give more info

Hi and welcome to the British Genealogy Forums

The parents of the family at 39 Betnick St are Patrick and Catherine.

There's this baptism for Patrick with the right parents names, I cannot find a corresponding birth registration, can you please give details of the birth certificate you have?

Baptism, St Alban's Church, Lancashire
    Patricius Cunningham, born 21 Feb 1871, Baptised 26 Feb 1871
    Father Patricii Cunningham, Mother Catharina Kennon
    Alma

Also, the census address is where an individual spent census night, not their residential address. The disparity you mention would be possible if the baby stayed at the other address for some reason - relatives. perhaps?

The birth cert details, as requested by Almach, would be useful.

PS I see that this was your first post - welcome to Brit Gen!

Thank you for your help, if correct the baptism records states 1871 saint martin, county of lancs application number W001373
    no 319 28th may 29 Bentnick st, name Patrick Cunningham ,sex a boy, father Patrick Cunningham, mother Catherine Cunningham formely Mc Kenna, occupation labourer,the parents mark, reg 4th of July 1871. Hope this helps,maybe we are on wrong patrick.

hope you can see my reply, my knowledge of computors is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham47 View Post
    Thank you for your help, if correct the baptism records states 1871 saint martin, county of lancs application number W001373
    no 319 28th may 29 Bentnick st, name Patrick Cunningham ,sex a boy, father Patrick Cunningham, mother Catherine Cunningham formely Mc Kenna, occupation labourer,the parents mark, reg 4th of July 1871. Hope this helps,maybe we are on wrong patrick.
    Are you referring to a birth certificate or baptism I'm guessing birth cert. as the reference numbers suggest.

Can you tell us how you got back to Patrick born circa 1871? Please don't give details of anyone born after 1917 (unless you know for certain they are no longer living).
    Alma

Who did your great grandfather marry, and do you have the marriage cert, if so who were the witnesses, what occupation is given for his father, the address on cert, when and where the marriage took place?
    Alma

Reputation beyond repute

28th may
    reg 4th of July 1871
    If the child really was born on 21 Feb, the parents may have lied about the date of birth at the time of registration in order to avoid the penalty for late registration.

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Hi and welcome to the British Genealogy Forums

The parents of the family at 39 Betnick St are Patrick and Catherine.

There's this baptism for Patrick with the right parents names, I cannot find a corresponding birth registration, can you please give details of the birth certificate you have?

Baptism, St Alban's Church, Lancashire
    Patricius Cunningham, born 21 Feb 1871, Baptised 26 Feb 1871
    Father Patricii Cunningham, Mother Catharina Kennon
    If the family above do turn out to be your ancestors here's a little more information.

On the 1871 census there's a son Peter age 2 born Armagh Ireland
    Also in 1881 there's a daughter Catherine age 0.

CUNNINGHAM, CATHERINE, MMN CANNON
    GRO Reference: 1880 D Quarter in LIVERPOOL Volume 08B Page 46

Peter Cunningham, baptised 17th Nov 1868, Creggan Upper, Armagh and Louth, Ireland, Crosmaglen, or Crossmaglen
    Father: Patrick Cunningham, Mother: Cath Cannon

Both have MMN listed as CANNON the baptism for Patrick (MMN Kennon) could be written as heard by the officiating minister.
    Alma

Loves to help with queries

Just adding to Peter's suggestion that they lied about DOB to avoid late registration fine, what is really odd is that they seem to have done that at least one more time. RC baptism at St Alban's Liverpool of Margaret Cunningham DOB 4 April 1873 mmn CANNON but the birth was registered in the September quarter mmn CANNON.

Sue

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast