Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cunningham

Thank you for this important info more written proof to add to the tree plus definite dates .I am continuing looking for patricks 1840 ish baptism cert now with correct parents 100 percent correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham47 View Post
    Thank you for this important info more written proof to add to the tree plus definite dates .I am continuing looking for patricks 1840 ish baptism cert now with correct parents 100 percent correct.
    I confess that I do get lost on information in posts so who is the Patrick born 1840?

I can see a possible baptism for Patrick age 8 on the 1851 census with father Bernard.
    Patrick Cunningham baptized 23 June 1844 born 16 June 1844. Father Barnard and mother Catherine. Looking for a birth reg the only one coming up for 1844 is in the Sept 1/4 1844 with mmn Boyle.
    If this is the birth reg of your Patrick then again depending on what date it was registered It could have just sneaked in to the 6 week period.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

hello, thanks for your help have just noticed 1851 census has father Bernard as a widower so patrick is Catherine Mc Cosken last child,I have included a Peter as a son for them and he was born in 1844 wonder if Bernard married another catherine .

Hello again, the census you talk about above is the start we think of our family tree and I have put a lot of effort into thinking and tracing my ancestors,I must admit now that I have got lost along the way.The patrick aged eight born in Liverpool and lived in chisendale st is the link I still think belongs to us ,but the patrick cunningham betnick st is not.So it is back to the drawing board with my dad James Cunningham mother Ann Hazlet. Would like to thank everyone for their input no doubt I will be asking for your help again.

christina my last reply is in response to your enquiry.

Hello
    How about we start from the beginning. You have your father's marriage certificate? What is his mother's maiden name and his father's name and occupation?

Now going back to your post #12 you have given us
    we have birth and death certs for Patrick 1871, he is buried in the family grave in Ford cemetery, he died in the cancer hospital aged 64 and was buried on the 11/7/1935. His wife Mary Elizabeth Lyon is mentioned on the headstone but is not interred in grave.
    My father James Cunningham is also buried in grave died aged 44yrs and was buried on the 21/03/1947
    Is Patrick acknowledged as James' father on the headstone?
    What does it say about Mary Elizabeth Lyon exactly?

Forget looking into this lot below until we can get past Patrick and Mary Elizabeth Lyon.
    Patrick 1871 father was also named Patrick 1844 his mother Catherine [mc kenna],we have a death cert for Patrick 1844 who died 5th of march 1905 aged 65 occupation coal heaver lived in 61 Conway st Bootle he died of blood poisoning and was recorded by a coroner death reg 8th of march 1905 sub district everton south, 1844 Patrick father was Bernard 1829 whose father was also named Bernard 1808 born in county down, I have quite a lot of paper work if they are proved to be right descendants but because the brothers have also named their children the same names and born within two years of each other I am finding it hard to keep to the correct line.
    I used FreeBMD to search for a marriage of a Patrick Cunningham and Mary Elizabeth Lyons and found one in March 1/4 1896, registration district W.Derby vol 8b page 620.
    I followed this up by using the GRO birth index to look for births of Cunningham children born to a mother with the maiden name Lyons from 1895 to 1915.
    Below are what I found. All Cunningham with mother's maiden name Lyons
    Peter - Dec 1/4 1896 W Derby
    Hugh - June 1/4 1907 Haslingden
    Alice - Dec 1/4 1909 W. Derby
    Mary - June 1/4 1909 Haslingden
    Catherine June 1/4 1911 Haslingden

Then looking at the 1911 census there is a George Cunningham 33 with wife Catherine 33 and children Hugh 3 and Mary 1. They are living in Accrington which comes under the registration district of Haslingden. George Cunningham, married Catherine Lyons June1/4 1906 Haslingden registration district.
    Catherine born 1911 June 1/4 after the census was taken.

So the Haslingden registered children are not your family which only leaves Peter born 1896 and Alice born 1909 and this seems to be them in 1911
    RG14 Piece 22424
    61 Conway St Bootle W Derby
    Patrick Cunningham 39 Coal Heaver Liverpool
    Mary Elizabeth 38 Bootle married 16 years, 9 children to the marriage, 8 living.
    Peter 14 Bakershop Assistant Liverpool
    Patrick 13 Liverpool
    Henry 11 Liverpool
    James 8 Liverpool
    John 5 Bootle
    Mary Elizabeth 7 Bootle
    Katherine 3 Bootle
    Alice 1 Bootle
    Margaret Mc Carten 36 Sister Liverpool
    John McCarten 6 Bootle Nephew

Alice born 1909 has died age 0 Sept 1/4 1910 and the next baby given her name i think. NO.
    So if this is the correct family with your father James there age 8 what mother's maiden name are they registered under?

I'll post this and wait for the thoughts of others

Christina
    Last edited by christanel; 12-03-2017 at 1:45 AM. Reason: edited to correct my assumption re Alice's death
    William Burroughs

Ok sorted out James' birth reg. His mother's mmn Lyon - no 's'. My fault for not following up on it before posting. I haven't looked at the others to see if they are Lyon not Lyons.
    Oh darn, the rain has stopped, I may be forced to do some domestics
    Christina
    William Burroughs

I haven't looked to see if these censuses have been posted I just want to see them in sequence so I don't confuse myself.
    1901 RG13 piece 3471 folio 158 page 33
    54a Forth Street Kirkdale Liverpool
    Patrick Cunningham 29 Coal hewer Liverpool
    Mary 28 Bootle
    Peter 4 Liverpool
    Patrick 3 Liverpool
    Henry 1 Liverpool
    Thomas 6 days Liverpool
    Catherine Cunningham 20 sister general domestic duties Liverpool.

1891 RG12 Piece 3410 Folio 128 Page 43
    I think Patrick 21 a collier, is a boarder with the Worsik family in Oswaldtwistle

1881 RG11 Piece 3602 Folio 85 Page 1
    This is the census where he is with parents Patrick and Catherine and his siblings Margaret (1911 census) and Catherine (1901 census).
    Court No 1 No 5 House Lightbody St
    Patrick Cunningham 40 Coal Heaver Ireland
    Catherine 33 Ireland
    Peter 13 Ireland
    Patrick 11 liverpool
    Margaret 8 Liverpool
    Mary Ann 5 Liverpool
    Catherine 5 months Liverpool
    Christina
    Last edited by christanel; 12-03-2017 at 1:35 AM. Reason: edited to make easier reading
    William Burroughs

Wish I could get my head round this, Christina, to help, but I'm totally confused! I'll read your new posts and try to absorb them, but don't hold your breath

You've done a great job of putting everything together, re-visiting the problem.
    Alma

Alice wasn't the child who died. I think it was Thomas who was 6 days old in the 1901 census.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast