Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cunningham

Reputation beyond repute

I had a look at Barbara Dixon's site and spotted that she mentions specifically...

If you have a discrepancy between a date of birth on a certificate and one given on a baptismal certificate, have a look at the date of registration. If it is very close to the six weeks, it is quite likely that the parents didn't tell the truth at registration but did at baptism where there were no penalties.

Hello again, we have birth and death certs for patrick 1871,he is buried in the family grave in ford cemetry, he died in the cancer hospital aged 64 and was buried on the 11/7/1935,his wife Mary elizabeth lyon is mention on headstone but is not interred in grave ,
    my father James Cunningham is also buried in grave died aged 44yrs and was buried on the 21/03/1947 .Patrick 1871 father was also named patrick1844 his mother catherine[mc kenna],we have a death cert for patrick 1844 who died 5th of march 1905 aged 65 occupation coal heaver lived in 61 conway st bootle he died of blood poisoning and was recorded by a coroner death reg 8th of march 1905 sub district everton south, 1844 patrick father was bernard 1829 whose father was also named bernard 1808 born in county down,I have quite a lot of paper work if they are proved to be right descendants but because the brothers have also named their children the same names and born within two years of each other I am finding it hardto keep to the correct line.
    c

Thank you for the details of your ancestry.

It all looks promising to fit with the births and baptisms found at #9 except for mother's maiden names which have Cannon/Kennon. Whereas the birth certificate you have for Patrick names his mother as Catherine Cunningham formerly McKenna. Do you have any other document which suggests Catherine's maiden name was McKenna? Saying out loud McCannon/McKennon they do sound like McKenna.
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    If the child really was born on 21 Feb, the parents may have lied about the date of birth at the time of registration in order to avoid the penalty for late registration.
    As there doesn't appear to be another Patrick Cunningham born circa 1871 in Liverpool with parents Patrick and Catherine, I think you should consider Peter's idea above as the reason for the late birth registration.
    Alma

I have give wrong info for patrick1844 really its 1841 his father is Bernard 1808 Bernard 1829 is his brother as is john cunningham 1838 born in isle of man ,we originally thought this was the link to us as john and his wife Mary Ann BERRY HAD A son patrick born later,the marriage with patrick and mary elizabeth lyon states father Patrick not John thats when I looked into Johns brother patricks children.
    I
    n chisendale st the census 1851 has them all living together. If correct patrick and catherine are living in lightbody st in the 1871 census.

I have no other records with Mc Kenna on,my husband thinks Im barmby for doing this family tree especially now when legal papers cannot be relied on.

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham47 View Post
    I have no other records with Mc Kenna on,my husband thinks Im barmby for doing this family tree especially now when legal papers cannot be relied on.
    Ignore your husband We can't all be barmy(can we?)

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Just to get a grip on this family. However it is rather more information than you are asking for and which you already have. Putting it on here just gives us some background.
    1851 HO107 Piece 2177 Folio 716 Page 36
    64 Chisendale St Liverpool
    Bernard Cunningham Head Widower 45 Warehouse porter Co Down Ireland
    Bernard Cunningham unmarried22 Warehouse porter Co Down Ireland
    John son 10 Isle of Man
    Patrick 8 Livrpool
    Patrick Cunningham Brother Widow 43 Co Down Ireland
    Mary Keney servant unmarried 21 Kildare Ireland
    Catherine Burnett visitor unm. 24, sewing, Galway Ireland
    Jane Burnett 19 Visitor unm Sewing, Galway
    Eliza Burnett 17 Visitor unm Sewing Galway
    Peter McConvill 40 married Visitor ag lab Co Down Ireland
    Peter McCusker 30 unm. Visitor Dock Labourer Co Down Ireland
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

thank you for looking at my post,Patrick aged eight is my direct ancestor born abb 1844 died 5/3/1905 aged 65 occupation coal heaver I have death cert this leads to his son patrick born 25 /5/1871 died 8/7/35 reg by his son peter who lived in 36 hollywell st bootle lancs.

John Cunningham baptism, Isle of Man, 1840.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XZ1D-29M
    Alma

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast