Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default john kenneth walker

Hi looking for information on my uncle...on behalf of my mother.johns sister..she hasnt seen him since 1940s.
    john kenneth walker born manchester hulme 13/dec/1920.entered the army ww2..served north africa.after the war stayed in the service until retirement...his mother was emily roberts..his father john(william irvine walker...he joined the forces from the liverpool area...
    Regards

telephoned them a birth certificate is not enough to go on

Reputation beyond repute

telephoned them a birth certificate is not enough to go on
    Oh yes of course, sorry. I forgot that you need a death certificate don't you? Presumably you don't know whether he married.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea of how to find the answer.

Unfortunately there are 2 other John K Walker births in Lancashire 1920 so may be difficult to sort them out. The other two births were registered in W Derby March 1/4 and have mother's maiden names of Farrell and Price. One of these died shortly after birth. Death also registered in W.Derby March 1/4.

The only death registrations I can see for a John Walker with birth date of 13 Dec 1920 are for a Fred John Walker 1988 Yorkshire and a John Frederick Walker 2001 Durham. None with a middle initial K.

There is a death reg in Burnley and Pendle reg dist 1980 for a John Walker (no K) born 16 Dec 1920 but there are birth registrations that could be a match for this.

Searching for a needle in a haystack at the moment.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice gortonboy's Avatar

Could be this death...remember information on death certificates is only as reliable as the information known by the informant.

First name(s) JOHN K
    Last name WALKER
    Birth year 1921
    Birth quarter 1
    Registration month -
    Mother's last name Roberts
    District Chorlton
    County Lancashire
    Country England
    Volume 8C
    Page 1529
    Record set England & Wales Births 1837-2006
    Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records

First name(s) JOHN KENNETH
    Last name WALKER
    Gender Male
    Birth day 9
    Birth month 2
    Birth year 1921
    Age -
    Death quarter 4
    Death year 1992
    District Liverpool
    Register number 1192
    County Lancashire
    Volume 36
    Page 489
    Country England
    Record set England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
    Gortonboy. Mike.

yes a needle in a hay stack

Name well known on Brit-Gen

...his mother was emily roberts..his father john(william irvine walker
    I am struggling to find this couple's marriage Emily Roberts = William Irvine Walker, I was looking for other children born of thew couple

You know John Kenneth was born in Chorlton, is this the area the family stayed in or did they move?

we dont think my grandma got married.think she just took his name she was emily roberts born 27/01/1898 liverpool...died 4/1/66 liverpool in the census in 1935 she lived at 79 netherfield rd liverpool with a archibald meakin...at about this time john kenneth walker born 30/12/1920 ran off and joined the army..he stayed in the army throughout the war,serving in the african core,after the war he stayed in the army as far as we know until retirement...no one has seen him since...cant get any army records as a birth certificate is not enough...so they tell me..i know kenny married twice..to a swiss girl.then to a scotish girl..but no other info....
    thank you

Default john kenneth walker

his sisters olive walker born 1934 liverpool and hilda my mum born 6/4/1937 liverpool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast