Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Looking for Thomas Family

My Thomas T Thomas was born 1809 in Cornwall [ St Ives ??] M to Susan [ Owens ] born 1803.
    Any information would be much appreciated .

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

Are you looking for Thomas' parents or do you also want information for his siblings, parents, baptisms, censuses etc?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hello Brianman,

This is the only marriage I've found between a Thomas Thomas and Susan Owen, could it be the couple you're researching?

Thomas Thomas married Susanah Owen
    26 Feb 1826, St Briavels, Gloucestershire

There's a tree on Ancestry which has them living in Castlemaine, Victoria, and the couple have eleven children.

There is a Thomas B Thomas married to a Susan living in Cornwall, they stay in the UK and Thomas was a master mariner, I'm therefore guessing it's the couple in Australia you are looking for information for???
    Alma

Is this them in 1841? Living Clifton Gloucestershire. All born Gloucestershire.
    HO107; Piece: 377; Book: 6; Folio: 9; Page: 12
    Thomas Thomas 30, sawyer
    Susan Thomas 30
    James Thomas 14
    Elizabeth Thomas 7
    George Thomas 6
    John Thomas Nk
    David 6 Mo

I'll leave it there for now until you come back and clarify if the above is your chap.. Also, would you answer Christina's questions please. Once you've briefed us we will be better informed and can then hopefully help you.
    Alma

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

Are you looking for Thomas' parents or do you also want information for his siblings, parents, baptisms, censuses etc?

Christina
    Hello Christina / others
    What a surprise , I did not expect a reply so quickly but many thanks .
    Ok short long story , my maternal side were Thomas they go back to John Born about 1788 in St Hilary Died ?? M Elizabeth ( Tredrea ) born 1792 St Hilary Died ??
    Another John (popular name ) his son B 1817 Gulval Died 1853 in ?? England M Amelia ( Beaglehole ) 1844 in Gulval .
    Present Day . whilst I was visiting Thomas family graves at Bendigo Victoria Australia recently I saw said Thomas Thomas / Susan Thomas on a grave quite close to my family and wondered if they were indeed related maybe not but I am interested that his name is not at Cemetery index ( her name is ) a lot of Thomas family members came from Cornwall lived in Bendigo so here I am caught up in this jig saw puzzle people call Genealogy ( madness ?? )
    Sorry to take so long but would to know if they are our's
    Ps If not will still put flowers on their grave when I visit lol
    Many Thanks from Oz

On the Cornwall OPC site I can find 3 baptisms to Thomas Thomas and mother Susannah.
    William Humphrey 1831, Matthew 1837 and William Humphrey 1837. The first one may have died or the first one was baptised twice.
    All in the parish of Breage. father's occupation a miner. No witnesses
    Because there is a large gap between the marriage in Gloucestershire that Alma found and the first birth if this is the same couple there may be earlier births in Gloucestershire. However the children's names don't match up with the 1841 census.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Default Wrong Thomas

Aha, there you are, Thomas Berriman Thomas born in 1808 St Ives married Susan Stirling Adams, not Susan Owens. So this is the wrong Thomas. I think Almach has the right Thomas for you if you can find their emigration record to Australia.

Hi Annalies
    Some information from Susan's gravestone on Find A Grave
    Born 1802 died 1881 Susan Owens Thomas daughter of Richard Thomas and Elizabeth Yenings.
    Child Mary Maria Owens 1842 Melbourne - 1901 married James Knuckey

Christina
    William Burroughs

Hi Annalies
    Born 1802 died 1881 Susan Owens Thomas daughter of Richard Thomas and Elizabeth Yenings.

Christina
    Thanks Christina, this is obviously the wrong Susan then, unless they have the parents names wrong which can happen we know. But this Susan you mention from Find A Grave was born as a Thomas, not an Owens...so not the Susan that Brainman is looking for.

Hi Annalies

Christina
    Aha, there you go, Find A Grave have the wrong information on their site if what you say above is correct Christina. Susan Thomas who died in 1881 in Victoria was the daughter of Richard Owens and Elizabeth Yenings (source: Victorian BDM online historical indexes) Good find by the way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast