Thread: Hi everyone!

Default Hi everyone!

Hi everyone! I am so excited that I have come across this website. I have been doing genealogy since I was 13 and now that it has been 15 years, I finally made a dent in my British roots, but that has led to even more holes to fill and more questions to ask. I hope that being a member of this forum will help fill in some huge gaps.

I have been doing the majority of my research for my father and his siblings. Their father passed away 22 years ago and all of their aunts and uncles were much older, not leaving much time to even begin to inquire about the family tree. We have learned so much through my research and I know that I'm only scratching the surface. I can't wait to discover more and unlock more of my family's past.

Happy hunting!
    Ashley

Welcome to Brit-Gen

You are one of the very few people I have heard of who started their genealogy research at a young enough age to pick their 'oldies' brains. Such a good start to this addiction of ours even if the stories we were told turn out not to be completely true.

I see you are finding your way around the forums just fine and already have a lengthy thread running about one of your family lines.

Good luck with it.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs