Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

They are on Ancestry, John. If you search for baptisms using the surname MUSSLEWHITE 1808 plus or minus 10 years with Jesse and Ann as the parents, then scroll down to Non-conformist records, then specifically look at the St Mary Lambeth Protestant Dissenters records, they give Ann's maiden name and that of her father John plus his residence and occupation. The earlier Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion records for Mary (born 1800), Eliza (born 1802, Ann (born 1804), all baptised on 18 January 1805, William (born 1806) & Mary Ann (born 1808), both baptised on 8 December 1808, do not give Ann's maiden name nor that of her father. The two latter children, i.e. William & Mary Ann were also baptised as Protestant Dissenters at St Mary Lambeth.

I wonder if the HEADDON family were non-conformist and whether Ann had a brother John. Ancestry have a several non-conformist baptisms at Portsea from 1798 onwards, father John mother Jane. Did you get Ann's approximate birthdate from her death record, John, as there is a transcription of a marriage at Alverstoke on 14 July 1776 of a John HAYDEN & Rebecca STRUGNELL. I cannot find any baptisms to this couple, so it may well be that they are earlier non-conformist records which are not online.

Janet

Knowledgeable and helpful

May I point out that the name MUSSELLWHITE (and other spellings) also occurs in Wiltshire, particularly in the Salisbury area, and the Wallops are no great distance from the Hampshire/Wiltshire county border. pwholt

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    They are on Ancestry, John. If you search for baptisms using the surname MUSSLEWHITE 1808 plus or minus 10 years with Jesse and Ann as the parents, then scroll down to Non-conformist records, then specifically look at the St Mary Lambeth Protestant Dissenters records, they give Ann's maiden name and that of her father John plus his residence and occupation. The earlier Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion records for Mary (born 1800), Eliza (born 1802, Ann (born 1804), all baptised on 18 January 1805, William (born 1806) & Mary Ann (born 1808), both baptised on 8 December 1808, do not give Ann's maiden name nor that of her father. The two latter children, i.e. William & Mary Ann were also baptised as Protestant Dissenters at St Mary Lambeth.
    Janet
    Unfortunately, I'm not on Ancestry at the moment. I may sign up for a couple of months just for research sake. I'm on MyFamily" but haven't poked around much due to time constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    I wonder if the HEADDON family were non-conformist and whether Ann had a brother John. Ancestry have a several non-conformist baptisms at Portsea from 1798 onwards, father John mother Jane. Did you get Ann's approximate birthdate from her death record, John, as there is a transcription of a marriage at Alverstoke on 14 July 1776 of a John HAYDEN & Rebecca STRUGNELL. I cannot find any baptisms to this couple, so it may well be that they are earlier non-conformist records which are not online.
    Janet
    Ann's death date, and indeed all the dates relating to Jesse's family, come from my family's records including the old family Bible, to which I don't have access. Most of the data was sent to me by relatives who are now deceased and I don't know where any of the original material has gone. Her death date was given as 19-Nov-1868 and died in London, presumably Lambeth as that was where Jesse made his home. Only her birth year is noted as 1774 in "The Wallops" I have some exact birth and death dates for the family, but only some years for others, all from family records of one sort or another.

John

Quote Originally Posted by pwholt View Post
    May I point out that the name MUSSELLWHITE (and other spellings) also occurs in Wiltshire, particularly in the Salisbury area, and the Wallops are no great distance from the Hampshire/Wiltshire county border. pwholt
    Thanks. I'll continue to research in Wilts. as well

John

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM in Canada View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not on Ancestry at the moment. I may sign up for a couple of months just for research sake. I'm on MyFamily" but haven't poked around much due to time constraints.

Ann's death date, and indeed all the dates relating to Jesse's family, come from my family's records including the old family Bible, to which I don't have access. Most of the data was sent to me by relatives who are now deceased and I don't know where any of the original material has gone. Her death date was given as 19-Nov-1868 and died in London, presumably Lambeth as that was where Jesse made his home. Only her birth year is noted as 1774 in "The Wallops" I have some exact birth and death dates for the family, but only some years for others, all from family records of one sort or another.

John
    Ann's death is registered (surname spelt Musselwhite) in December quarter 1868 St George Southwark registration district
    She was buried on 27 November 1868 in Norwood cemetery, age 95 years, and her address is given as Waterloo Road, Lambeth. Image available on Ancestry, via the London, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980 database.

Map showing relationship of Lambeth and Southwark parishes. (top of map) https://www.
    eastsurreyfhs.org.uk/research/parish-map.html

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi John. We were in touch 10 or 15 years ago you may remember on the Jesse Musselwhite trail and whilst I dont have the missing answer to Jesse Ive a lot more info since we last spoke including visting where he, Ann and all the others were buried, also where they lived near Waterloo in London. I was interested to see your 2017 etc postings on here. It would be nice to have someone to bounce my ideas around with and if you are still working on it maybe you could email me on tbainesATbcsconsultantsDOTco.uk and we can compare notes again. For example I have just found my first ever link between Lambeth and Downton, Wiltshire in 1810 which, although tenuous is at least a completely new idea. Cheers Tim (Baines)
    Last edited by christanel; 26-04-2019 at 8:05 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12