Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    Hello again.

As said in earlier posts the only Alfred Anderson registered in Sunderland in your time frame is Alfred Anderson , June Q 1883,
    Sorry I should have said Sep Q. Not such a good match for a May birthday, but still a certificate you ought to consider buying I think.

As to occupations - it's a shame they are not consistent, but as now, people did change jobs.

Hello again.

As said in earlier posts the only Alfred Anderson registered in Sunderland in your time frame is Alfred Anderson , June Q 1883,
    Sorry I should have said Sep Q. Not such a good match for a May birthday, but still a certificate you ought to consider buying I think.

As to occupations - it's a shame they are not consistent, but as now, people did change jobs.

Starting to feel at home

The 1881 Census shows James born in Bath, Somerset. However 1891 simply shows England, no towns or counties etc.

As I've said, I've found no births for any James Andersons in Somerset around the time of his birth.

It's a bit of a stretch, but maybe James was illegitimate and Anderson was the mmn? I've seen records of illegitimate children using either parent's surnames at different times.

Starting to feel at home

Might Alfred or James be on any cemetery registers?

Starting to feel at home

It seems that one of Alfred's daughters, Florence Anderson would later marry a Thomas Johnston, in 1932.

Here: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV87-RLHY

Assuming that it is the case, this might be a plausible death for Florence:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVZ4-N8FP

For Baptism Records, I did find one for an Alfred James Ross Anderson (likely irrelevant, but worth a look):

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J7FG-696

Starting to feel at home

The marriage record for James Anderson/Mary Ann Lee (perhaps the same person as Mary Ann Bailey) mentions another individual with the name 'Anderson', Thomas William Anderson. Perhaps a relative of James?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcleeds View Post
    The marriage record for James Anderson/Mary Ann Lee (perhaps the same person as Mary Ann Bailey) mentions another individual with the name 'Anderson', Thomas William Anderson. Perhaps a relative of James?
    Hello again Mcleeds

Is this the 1888 marriage? As I remember we were looking to check if this was indeed your couple or a different James Anderson and Mary Ann Lee. The reason for possible doubt was that your couple were recorded together in the 1881 census.
    So you need to look at the marriage record carefully to see if any details correspond with the facts you already know.

Please can you give us the ages and occupations of James and Mary Ann, whether single or widowed, address, place of marriage, fathers's names and witnesses. That would be a great help, thanks.

I have another couple of questions but will wait till you get back to us on this.

Starting to feel at home

Hello again Mcleeds

Is this the 1888 marriage? As I remember we were looking to check if this was indeed your couple or a different James Anderson and Mary Ann Lee. The reason for possible doubt was that your couple were recorded together in the 1881 census.
    So you need to look at the marriage record carefully to see if any details correspond with the facts you already know.

Please can you give us the ages and occupations of James and Mary Ann, whether single or widowed, address, place of marriage, fathers's names and witnesses. That would be a great help, thanks.

I have another couple of questions but will wait till you get back to us on this.
    Yes. I will likely order a copy of the marriage cert., probably within the next month or so.

I was questioning the accuracy of this record, for the same reason. I cant't, however find any corresponding marriage records BEOFRE 1881, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcleeds View Post
    Yes. I will likely order a copy of the marriage cert., probably within the next month or so.

I was questioning the accuracy of this record, for the same reason. I cant't, however find any corresponding marriage records BEOFRE 1881, however.
    Sorry I thought you had the certificate. Was it a transcription that had Thomas William Anderson's name? Was he a witness?

I know certs are expensive - but were you able to get hold of the birth certificate for the Alfred Anderson b 1883 suggested in earlier posts ?

Starting to feel at home

Sorry I thought you had the certificate. Was it a transcription that had Thomas William Anderson's name? Was he a witness?

I know certs are expensive - but were you able to get hold of the birth certificate for the Alfred Anderson b 1883 suggested in earlier posts ?
    Yes. A transcription has listed Thomas William Anderson in the record.

I have yet to get a hold of Alfred Anderson b.1883 birth certificate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast