Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mcleeds View Post
    Well I don't think it's the case that James Lee and James Anderson are the same person.

Separate marriage records exist for the two.

I do, however, believe that Mary Ann Bailey married a Janes Lee. Based on the aforementioned census records, it would seem that that is absolutely the case.
    Ah, would that be an 1888 marriage to James Anderson in Sunderland reg dis ?t - I hadn't spotted that one . Many James Lee deaths but a poss one in Sunderland 1876 age 54 to consider.
    Doesn't help with the search for James Anderson's birth unfortunately....

Starting to feel at home

No, that's not the one. I can't seem to find it now…

Going back to George Edward Lee mmn Bailey b 1881 - seems to be the son of a William Lee and a Jane or Ann Jane, not James and Mary, unfortunately.
    Still haven't found George Edward Anderson's birth tho.

Also possible that George is James Anderson's son from an earlier marriage.

Starting to feel at home

Well, I actually can't find the James Anderson/Mary Ann Bailey marriage now.

There doesn't seem to be any record of a James Lee marrying Mary Ann in 1874 either.

James Anderson doesn't seem to be present on the 1851, 1861 or 1871 Censuses.

As I said, his birthplace was Bath, Somerset, England. I can't seem to find him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcleeds View Post
    Well, I actually can't find the James Anderson/Mary Ann Bailey marriage now.

There doesn't seem to be any record of a James Lee marrying Mary Ann in 1874 either.

James Anderson doesn't seem to be present on the 1851, 1861 or 1871 Censuses.

As I said, his birthplace was Bath, Somerset, England. I can't seem to find him there.
    From memory I think that there may have been a Mary Ann Coe marrying a James Lee in Sunderland in 1874, and a Mary Ann Lee poss marrying a James Anderson in Sunderland in 1888. They may not necessarily be your family though and you might need certificates to confirm or disprove.

Starting to feel at home

Slightly off the main focus, but on 18th August 1917, an Alfred Anderson, resident in Sunderland, did enlist in the Royal Navy. The record gives only the ships Alfred served on & his birthdate, which was 26th May 1882. I did not make this discovery myself, but it's plausible that this might be the Alfred that we're interested in?

The age at death matches up. The DOB also matches Alfred's age at the time of the 1911 Census (28 on April 2 1911).

I'm not so certain that the 1888 Anderson/Bailey marriage is of relevance here. Weren't they already married by 1881?

Starting to feel at home

(This may already have been mentioned) Possible here Census here?

(1901) https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XSCG-7H1

I think he could also be an Alford Anderson on the 1891 Census (aged 7)

The Military Record that I mentioned previously is here : https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...mageViewerLink

Hello again.

As said in earlier posts the only Alfred Anderson registered in Sunderland in your time frame is Alfred Anderson , June Q 1883, mother's maiden name Bailey. Have you sent for this certificate?
    Earlier posts also suggest he is the Alford Anderson from 1891 and the A Anderson in 1901, son of James and Mary Ann.

He may or may not be the Alfred from the Navy record. The birth year could be an error. The birth certificate will give you a date and month to compare.

There are other Alfreds around in the North East, though not born Sunderland, and it is possible that the Navy Alfred is one of those if not your man.

Starting to feel at home

Here's a possible death for Alfred's father:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2JG5-ZWR

Starting to feel at home

Maybe James Anderson, his wife or any of his children are mentioned in newspaper notices/articles/etc. ?

I'll have a look.

I'm not certain if this has been mentioned yet, but the marriage record has James Anderson's occupation listed as a LABOURER. The censuses have both BAKER & MINER.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast