Thread: How Do I ...

Kiltpin

Default How Do I ...

Hello. My wife's tree is on Ancestry.

While I was away for a day, a twig of one of her distant branches paid a flying visit - 15 minutes, come and gone. Amongst the chat was some good starter information, which I will be following up.

I thought that I would make a start and create a person on Ancestry and when I am sure of the connections I can link them in. I am sure that I have done that before (more than once). For the life of me I can't see how that can be done now. Am I just imagining this or has this facility been removed?

Any help in this matter would be gratefully received.

Regards

Kiltpin

If the anc tree is still FTM-based, look for "add unrelated individual". I use it a lot for my OPS.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I open up a profile page add as a relative, then top right there is Search / Tools /Edit, select edit relationship has a drop down box with various scenario!

Fingars crossed it works for you.......however there has to be an easier way.

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

(geneius can type quicker than me! )

Looks like you have to add an 'alternative' father or mother (for a male or a female) to anyone in your tree then delete the relationship but leave the person's details

Ancestry's help has this -

https://support.ancestry.co.uk/s/art...-1460091980269

Cheers, MTS

Kiltpin

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    If the anc tree is still FTM-based, look for "add unrelated individual". I use it a lot for my OPS.
    Thanks, Lesley. After a hunt, I found that on FTM and have the record started. Now FTM is saying that it can't sync with Ancestry because the tree does not exist there!

I just love technology - maybe!

Regards

Kiltpin

Kiltpin

Thanks, geneius & emmteeyess!

That looks to be a good 'work-around'. I don't mind 'awkward' as long as it works.

Regards

Kiltpin