Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Cool Hi from Ontario, Canada

Just a quick note to say hello. Found this site when I was doing a google search for two intersecting family names (or at least rumoured to be) and came across the Family Scandals post.

I have been actively researching for many years. Recent addition has been DNA testing through Ancestry with success in getting our immediate families tested.

Have had good luck with most of the Canadian and New England relatives and now am starting to delve deeper into the English/Scottish/Irish roots. I broke through a brickwall a while back in my French Canadian/Gaspe roots and ended up in the Orkney Islands! And my Irish "Ryan" family is causing me great grief as it's rather a common name as is my other Irish great-grandfather's "Harvey".

Love to help others too. I live in the Toronto area but also have deep in-law roots in Atlantic Canada as well as Quebec roots so I've researched a lot in quite a few provinces and the New England area.

Wish me luck!

Ann

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Ann,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Your family seem to be well-scattered, so tracing them will certainly keep you on your toes. If it's any consolation Irish ancestors seem to prove troublesome for most people. Though it's slightly easier now because a lot of Irish records have become available over the past year or so.

Your expertise in Canadian research will no doubt prove very handy for people seeking their descendants who emigrated 'across the pond'.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”