Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geoff1959

Its those HAWK's again!!
    With some new information I'm on the trail again. I seems at some point there was a family rift which resulted in the house at Eastcott being virtually divided in two with various elements of the family living in each part.
    The 1911 census is interesting as it shows J R Hawk and Thomasine Hawk (nee Pengelly) living at different addresses.
    Sydney Talbot is listed as "Head" at Eastcott. How do I go about tracing the ownership of Eascott? I have heard tale that it dates back to Tudor times? I have also been unable to locate any photo's either.

Kind regards to all on the forum and thanks in advance.

Hi
    I have been trying to get my head around your Hawk(e)s again.
    I don't know anything about house ownership in the uk but this site may be able to help.

In 1911 Thomasine and daughters were living at Fullaford Callington Cornwall whilst John Reed Hawke was at
    Eastcott St Dominic. This is also the address given in his probate, death 2 Dec 1915. Callington and Eastcott are approximately 33 miles distant. It is where John and Thomasine were living in 1871 and Thomasine and daughters are there in 1891 but in 1881 are in Stoke Climsland (3 miles from Callington)
    John is in Eastcott in 1901 and 1911 but ancestry is going slow on me at the moment so can't check where John was in 1881and 1891 after their separation.
    So which members of the family were sharing the house at Eastcott?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff1959 View Post
    Hi Christanel,

What I would like to know is this, is Mary A Hawk(e) b 1865 Stoke Climsland Mary Ann Kate Hawk(e) and was it her who married Henry HADLEY? and later Thomas Cox?

I'm off to do some more hunting on Mary A. Thank you once again.
    Did you find?
    Death registration - Mary A Hawk, age 75, Jun Qtr 1941, St. Germans, 5c 149
    The funeral notice of a Mary Ann Hawk, Harrowbarrow, died 24 April, interred 29 April Callington Church, parents the late John Reed and Thomasine Hawk, appeared in Western Morning News, 30 April 1941.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Geoff1959

Hi Christanel
    I have been having another look at information that I allready had. I discovered something that I was not previously aware of.
    On the 1911 census it lists how many children were born alive and how many had died up to that point (infant mortality was higher then) So from the 1911 we know that Thomasine Hawk (nee Pengelly) had 8 children. And that 6 were alive in 1911. Jenefer and Bessie are both married. Mary Ann, Annie and Edith are living with their mother at Fulliford,Callington. John Pengelly Hawk had died in Q1 1884 and James Lucas Hawk in Q1 1901. The 1911 has J R Hawk as "Father in Law" still living at Eastcott but with Sydney Talbot shown as "Head" (he married JR's daughter Jenefer) A brief look for George in the 1911 does not find him.
    The 1891 census shows Thomasine as "Head" living at Hingston, Callington, Cornwall.
    The 1881 shows her as "wife of a Farmer" at Down End Stoke Climsland with Mary A, James, Annie, and John
    It seems clear that they seperated but did not divorce and Thomasine had a further child George Hawk (born 1883)
    There are tales of a big family fued. Is anyone else able to shed any more light on this?

Geoff1959

So my Hawk's are not related to Henry Hadley. Neither Mary Ann or Annie Hawk have married at least prior to 1911.
    Regards,
    Geoff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12