Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by genie12 View Post
    I found the birth in GRO. Why would Isiah/Josiah want a housekeeper for because his children were not of a young age when their mother died.
    He would not necessarily have 'needed' a housekeeper for his children or even himself but for official purposes using the term housekeeper placed a veneer of respectability on the possible personal situation between a man and woman.

In my Carter tree Hannah the daughter of Hannah married James Beare/Bear and their 5th daughter was named Elizabeth John Jeffrey Beare bap 1872,which I found very odd at that time. That daughter emigrated to Canada with her husband and eventually lived in Ontario.
    Now that is weird. Could it have been as a mark of respect for her step father? I see the surname is recorded as Beer on FreeBMD and the GRO index

William Jeffery may be hard to sort out because there are about 4 candidates born in Cornwall around the same time. From William's age on the 1851 census he was born c 1845 not 1843. GRO has a birth reg for a William Jeffree mmn Flora June 1845 Redruth. Could Flora be a misspelling of Floyd.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

genie12

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    He would not necessarily have 'needed' a housekeeper for his children or even himself but for official purposes using the term housekeeper placed a veneer of respectability on the possible personal situation between a man and woman.

Now that is weird. Could it have been as a mark of respect for her step father? I see the surname is recorded as Beer on FreeBMD and the GRO index

William Jeffery may be hard to sort out because there are about 4 candidates born in Cornwall around the same time. From William's age on the 1851 census he was born c 1845 not 1843. GRO has a birth reg for a William Jeffree mmn Flora June 1845 Redruth. Could Flora be a misspelling of Floyd.
    Christina
    I wonder if Richard was his son because he is grandson in one census but in the next census Richard is a Bryant. It makes me wonder who the father of Ann Bryant's daughter was as well.

I haven't searched hard for William yet but he will have to be next on the list.
    I have found a marriage of Thomas Jeffree to Sarah Ann Gould in the Australia index,but as far as I can see there is the father's name Isiah Jeffree but no mother. So I won't be adding that to my tree yet.I don't know if mothers' names appear on Australian marriage certificates. His death information is there as well and his father in law name appears on that.
    The Beare surname was difficult at times because of the spellings but the information I found about Hannah and her husband James is all correct and backed up with certificates etc.
    The Jeffree's are half brothers to Hannah which is why I thought that I would look at that part of the family.

genie12

Quote Originally Posted by genie12 View Post
    I have found a marriage of John Jeffree https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/...154&cc=1769414
    and in 1881 he is living Elizabeth Thomas and her parents. Piece: RG11/2343 Place: Marazion -Cornwall Enumeration District: 2
    Civil Parish: Marazion Ecclesiastical Parish: St. Hilary
    Folio: 25 Page: 22 Schedule: 5
    Address: -
    That seems to rule out Richard being John's son,so maybe he is Richard's?
    At least I have found one son.
    I have found 2 children of John and Elizabeth Jane on cornwall opc . They are Anna bapt Jan 1882 and Hannah bapt August 1883 and there is a death of Feb 1883 of Anna age 1 year. All at Marazion.
    There is also a bapt of Jane the daughter of Isaiah and JaneJeffery in 1869 at Marazion. Is he anything to do with the Isaiah born 1843?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12