Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It looks as if the family were either in Bath or Bristol for the 1881 census, I still cannot find them!
    Me neither. Very frustrating. I searched every which way last night but came up with zilch.
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post

per 1939 Register April 1876
    Should be registered 2nd quarter then, that does narrow it down a little.
    Alma

I had a look at the 1911 Census for Emilio which showed 8 children born, 5 still living. Spotted birth certs for Emmeline Lizzie 1881, Edward 1883, Ada 1889, Alberto 1877 and Emilio 1879 (mother = Squibbs).

AT least Francisco is consistent withPoB - "London" on military record.

Drawing a blank all round searching for Emilio in 1881. Cannot find Pedro Blanco (with whom h was staying 1871) either in '81 - tho' I did see a Pedro Blanco returning from New York in 1883. All very frustrating!.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Cannot find Pedro Blanco (with whom h was staying 1871)
    Pedro Blanco married Martha Kendall d/o Isaac & Charlotte Kendall cert on line at FMP
    1) Felipe Santiago b 8 June 1869 died 1875 Felipe Santiago Blanco abt 1869 26 Aug 1875 Ford Cemetery 172 Bedford Street both interred in grave RF158
    2) Luis Pedro b 1871 married Marguerute de LUGO 18/08/1920 Geneva he appears on the 1911 census as a Broker. Their aare ships manifest with his name on.
    3) Carlos bp St Peter´s Priory 28 August 1873 died 'godfather Emilius BLANCO & Carlotta Bailey ( sister of Martha?) Carlos Blanco abt 1874 26 Aug 1878 Ford Cemetery residence Spring Bank Crosby Road
    4)Alfred Ernesto b 30 May 1877 married Roma Lottie Gallon member of Massachusetts, Mason Membership Cards Both sons appear to have been employed by Parrs Bank Ltd

Martha Name:*Martha Blanco
    Death:* 28 Mar 1920 - Lancashire, England died in Southport
    Civil:*15 Jun 1920 - London, England Grant of Probate to son Luis estate £5614/3s/4d

Starting to feel at home

Wow thank you so much for all that information- amazing!! I did see either Louis or Felipe on ships registers to Singapore and China but not sure if it's them. X
    Maybe the whole family were out of the country during the 1881 census - it does seem a little strange!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Just tidies up some of those loose ends.

Despite having addresses I still cannot find Martha & sons on ALL the census returns

Now for a bit of surplus info! The sons declared they worked for Parrs Bank Ltd Southport & London.....history here https://www.flickr.com/photos/rossen...ey/19693337861

Starting to feel at home

Hi just a quick one - I am looking for Frederick A Ward death married to Frances St DEAEM Blanco (Franciscos daughter) but there are two entries for death
    Mar 1933
    Ward Frederick A 40 Leicester 7a 434 OR
    Deaths Jun 1947
    Ward Frederick A 66 Leicester 3a 519

Now the question is the volume number significant? His wife's volume # in marriage and death are both vol 7a.
    Is this coincidence or is this to do with the area of Leicestershire?

Cheers

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoginoz View Post
    Hi just a quick one - I am looking for Frederick A Ward death married to Frances St DEAEM Blanco (Franciscos daughter) but there are two entries for death
    Mar 1933
    Ward Frederick A 40 Leicester 7a 434 OR
    Deaths Jun 1947
    Ward Frederick A 66 Leicester 3a 519

Now the question is the volume number significant? His wife's volume # in marriage and death are both vol 7a.
    Is this coincidence or is this to do with the area of Leicestershire?

Cheers
    In a word - no.
    Over time, registration districts have been renamed, 're-sized' (for want of a better word!), and re-numbered.
    If you use FreeBMD and click on the registration district name, after a couple of clicks you end up on a page similar to this
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/d...leicester.html

The bit relevant to your query is the line beginning 'GRO volumes' and it tells you the volume numbers and the years a particular number was in use. The 'XV' in the very early years is the Roman way of saying 15. (I think it's places in Northumberland which are XXIII - 23.) The good news is that FreeBMD use 'normal' numbers, as do the GRO themselves when you order certificates from them.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hi

Not sure if this will help but there is a newspaper report from Wandsworth
    Police court about Francisco Blanco a Portuguese charged with Shooting a fellow student
    at Tooting Collage Francisco is aged 15. The date of the paper was the 12 December 1891 making his birth date 1876/77.
    The report go's on i wont put it all down in case you may not think he's yours, he is find £5.00 as it was all an accident.
    Could it be he was actually born in Portugal and came to London

Peanut

Starting to feel at home

Hmmm interesting thought it would explain why there is no birth record for him here? Unless the paper got it wrong and he is Spanish??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast