Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Malin of Staffordshire - was Clan History

I'm looking for a book dedicated to the Staffordshire England, Mallin family history. Does any one know where I might be able to purchase a copy?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Turned up this old thread

https://www.
    british-genealogy.com/archive/index.php/t-36126.html

Have you searched google books?

Tried the library local to the area or the local family history society?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default re Mallin Family Book

thanks for the suggestions geneius, I've tried both ideas. Am hoping some UK Mallin might see my post. I'll next try to find a local genealogy Society.

Didn't appreciate you were overseas!

https://www.ffhs.org.uk/

If you give a name / year of birth and area of the Mallin family you are researching it may improve the help we are able to give you, a quick look at familysearch indicates MALLIN's in and around Kingswinford ( where I lived 1953-1963) and it surrounding area. Tipton which is Dudley way etc

The county of Staffs lies in the middle of England some historical notes attached https://
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

Maybe I should have looked first, but not all gives as much detail in their profile

grandson of Wm Henry Mallin,1860 W. Bromwich & Annie Matilda Round,1861 Tipton. G/g/son of John Mallin, 1828 W. Brom.& Jane Baddeley,1827 W. Bromwich

It's late, off to bed will look tomorrow unless someone has passed by with more info
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 12-01-2017 at 3:00 AM. Reason: Split URL

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMallin View Post
    ... Mallin family history. ...
    I've got MALLINs marrying into my STOKER family in Sunderland - (which is in the North east of England) - if any of your clan spread north!
    2 MALLIN brothers married 2 STOKER sisters.

Cheers, MTS

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Genieus, most of my tradesman ancestors lived in and around West Bromwich, about 6 Miles from Birmingham. My farmers were found in Dudley, Tipton and Rowley Regis it seems. The earliest trace is in 1630 and often the name is spelled Mallen. Early in my web based research I found a reference to the Mallin Family book but I suspect it didn't have many printings--I was just hoping for a serendipitous response to my query. Thanks very much for your help.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

So far I haven't found any Mallin's in Sunderland but thanks for providing a lead for me to pursue--we may yet be cousins--have you had your DNA done yet? Would be fun to compare! The greatest concentrations of Mallin/Mallens are found in Staffordshire. Ancestry has quite a few Mallin trees, not many go back very far, but I'm not a member. There are also a great number of Mallins in Family Search(family search.org) where I do a great deal of my research. I don't have any Stokers yet but I do have some Stokes. Many thanks from California for your input.

Just come back to look at this, .....ironically yesterday I was asked to take in some amazon parcels for an 'elusive neighnour', we've been here 4 years and I had never seen him and only knew his first name from neighbour's reference...couldn't believe it when I saw his surname....MALLIN...had a brief conversation with him when he collected the parcels, it became obvious other then his father who he thought had been born in Ireland he knew nothing further about his surname....co incidence / spooky.....???

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Wow that is spooky. Incidently I have seen a few Mallins listed in Ireland but have found no connection to date. There is a strip of land in Ireland named Malin Head but I have discounted any possible attachment to my clan. Aloha

This is all I can come up with!

https://www.
    rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=671983.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast