Thread: Danish Family

Default Danish Family

Hi i was hoping someone would have some knowledge of tracing family's in Denmark.

His name is Vagn Korsholm Kristensen.
    D.O.B 11 Oct 1925.
    P.O.B Denmark.
    D.O.D Dec 1994.
    P.O.D Bexley, Kent, England.

I think he has 2 brothers one of which may have moved to america, 2 sisters one called Annalisa (we think the youngest) and another who committed suicide between 1970 and 1980 give or take.

He came over to England on 21 December 1945, i have been told he had joined the British army while living in Denmark.

He married my Nan in June 1948 in Dartford, Kent, they married under the name Kristensen but between that and having my mum Ann Korsholm in !954 the changed their surname to Korsholm.

I Have ordered my Nan and Grandad's marriage certificate, i am hoping to get a bit more information once i have that, but i do have my Grandad's registration card, it has a Date and place of birth, but i can't make out all the letters, i have _ _ lbak think the first two maybe h/w a/o, i know he had at some point lived in Copenhagen.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Could it be Holbaek? It's both a county and a parish quite near to Copenhagen.

This site seems to be very good and has a forum for you to ask questions:

https://www.
    danishfamilysearch.com/

Peter

Knowledgeable and helpful

Couldn't find anything for Vagn but there is an entry for an Annalisa b. 1924, which gives parents.

Peter

Hi Peter.

Thank you for your reply.
    Could be Holbaek, didn't think of miss spelling/missing letter. Am going to take a look at that site now.

Deanne.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Try googling the name

Vagn Korsholm Kristensen.