Unhappy Brick wall with Lucy Fayers or Fairs

Hi hope you may be able to help me I have hit a brick wall with Lucy, I believe she was born in Suffolk abt 1813 she had a daughter Ann Rogers Fairs, born in 1835 she sadly died in 1853 and Charles Rogers Fairs 1838 on both children baptism records only the mother name is on the record. I am sure the children's father was William Rogers . I found this probate record.

28th April The Will of William Rogers late of Ipswich, In the county of Suffolk, Mariner in merchant service who died on 16th April 1874 was proved at Ipswich by Charles Rogers Fairs of Ipswich a Mariner one of the Executors.

William was born in Suffolk abt 1809 I have not found a marriage for William and Lucy . I can not find any information on Lucy Fayers or Fairs.
    If any one can help, I would really appreciate it.
    Kind regards Sue

Very quick off the mark.

The new GRO index shows a Charles Rogers ROGERS born in Ipswich in 1938 with no Mothers Maiden Name given.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Suffolk Baptism Index has the following baptisms

Lucy Fairs 21 March 1813 Gosbeck parents William, a Labourer and Mary

Ann Rogers Fairs 6 Dec 1835 Ipswich St Clement mother Lucy abode Fore Street

Charles Rogers Fairs 4 Feb 1838 Ipswich St Clement mother Lucy abode Back of Green Man

Also there is the following GRO ref for a death

Lucy Fairs Dec 1838 Ipswich vol12 p 250 aged 26

Emeltee

Allan F Sparrow

From the sources I have gathered for Suffolk (burials) and Western Suffolk (baptisms and marriage) while researching my own family, I have found these, which or may not be helpful:-

Lucy Fairs, daughter of John and Ann, was baptised in Groton, Suffolk, on 17th May 1778.

Lucy Fairs, illegitimate daughter of Lucy Fairs, was born on 14th February 1799 and baptised in Boxford on 3rd March 1799. Boxford and Groton were neighnouring parishes.

Lucy Fairs married Thomas Crisp of Sudbury in Boxford on 7th August 1803.

Lucy Fairs married John Steward in Willisham on 18th March 1813.

Lucy Fayers, daughter of John and Mary Fayers, was baptised in Great Ashfield, Suffolk, on 27th June 1819.

Lucy Faires was buried in Ipswich on 1st November 1838, aged 26.

Lucy Fairs was buried in Coddenham on 7th January 1866 aged 59.

Lucy Fayers was buried in Cockfield on 7th February 1889 aged 91.

The surname seems to have been common in some parts of Suffolk, with at least five different spellings: I have seen Fairs, Fayers, Faires, Faiers and Fayres.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

In case you do not have this info,

I believe she was born in Suffolk abt 1813
    Where di you get this from? Maybe you need to look for the death cert to see what is entered!

1839 Marriage Ipswich William Rogers to Sarah HURN ( phonetically fits in with the other household member Thomas HEARN) Volume: 12 Page: 488

Getting this cert would confirm William's status Bach / Wid

HO107; Piece: 1043; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St Clement; County: Suffolk; Enumeration District: 9; Folio: 33; Page: 22; Line: 2;
    William Rogers 30
    Sarah Rogers 30
    Anna Rogers 5
    Charles Rogers 5
    Thomas Hearn

on both children baptism records only the mother name is on the record
    Have you looked at the Parish Register entry or the BT or transcription on line? The original source should always be consulted....

There is this interesting marriage entry that appears when searching for William Rogers
    Name: Harriett Lucy Craske Green
    Marriage Date: 28 Oct 1829 ( per familysearch)
    Marriage Place: Suffolk County Bts, Suffolk, England
    Spouse: William Rogers
    FHL Film Number: 918515
    Reference ID: 2:1VPGB73

If you are not local to Suffolk check for a local familysearch resource centre where you can order the films & view them close to home
    https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

Hi and thank you all for your help, I am not local to Suffolk, so your information will be a great help. I have just found a familysearch resource centre close to me, so thank you for that. I did not know we had one in the town.
    Really appreciate your help
    Kind regards Sue