Default Trying to locate my great grandfather

I'm wondering if anyone can help me locate my great grandfather. His name was Arthur James Watts, born 1891 and died in 1942. He lived in Leicester. I have a portrait of him in uniform but I cannot trace him at all.
    https://mv.ancestry.co.uk/viewer/53a6...&usePUBJs=true

Brick wall demolition expert!

I am guessing that you are trying to locate his WW1 military records?

60 per cent of all WW1 military were destroyed by the Blitz in WW2, so the changes of finding his records are slim.

Have you found non military information like census information? Would you like some help with that?

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Hi and welcome. To narrow down your search, the cap badge in the photo is The Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC). The serpent of Aesclapius is distinctive. Medal Cards show two Arthur Watts in the RAMC as well as one Arthur J Watts. The latter was also in the Army Service Corps.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Hi Megan. Well that explains why I'm finding it hard to track him down! I have all the rest of the information about him thank you. I'm just missing his military history. Thanks for your reply. x

Hi Peter. That's brilliant. Thank you so much. I shall carry on digging with that information.