Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Antoine Francois SAINTE :
    Candle merchant but I do not understand everything

Name well known on Brit-Gen

First comment about the marriage certificate. The marriage was under Licence and NOT Banns. In the UK Banns are usually called in the 3 weeks prior to marriage in both the bride & bridegrooms parish to see if anyone objects etc. The alternative is to apply for a licence and making a formal declaration. Sometimes there is additional information given about parents age where living etc.

Premier commentaire sur le certificat de mariage. Le mariage était sous Licence et NON Banns. Dans le Royaume-Uni Banns sont généralement appelés dans les 3 semaines avant le mariage dans la paroisse de mariée et mariés pour voir si quelqu'un objets etc L'alternative est de demander une licence et faire une déclaration formelle. Parfois il ya des informations supplémentaires données sur l'âge

Masonic records, could your man be a Wine Merchant?
    United Grand Lodge of England Freemason Membership Registers, 1751-1921 ( ancestry)
    Name: Henry James Frederick
    Initiation Date: 16 Oct 1833
    Year Range: 1813-1836
    Profession: Wine Merchant
    Lodge: Marine Lodge*
    Lodge Location: Calcutta
    Folio Number: 257 A Lodge Number: 410A
    B Lodge Number: 282B
    *https://www.hrionline.ac.uk/lane/record.php?ID=1200
    It looks as if several members of your family were 'Lodge members'

Il semble que plusieurs membres de votre famille étaient des "membres du Lodge"

2 liens dans une tentative d'expliquer Masons / Lodges

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masonic_lodge
    https://www.masonic-lodges.com/masons.html

Very interesting but I can not find a name on hrionline.ac.uk. Or am I doing something wrong?

Should it be initiated? I want to know more

Quote Originally Posted by leonard24 View Post
    Antoine Francois SAINTE :
    Candle merchant but I do not understand everything
    The date of the Will is 6th July 1857.
    This appears to be part of an application to administer the Estate

That the abovenamed Francois Antoine Sainte who was in his life time and at the time of his death a Christian Inhabitant and who carried on the business of a Candle Manufacturer at Cossipore near Calcutta in the twenty four Pergunnah hath lately departed this life at Cossipore aforesaid leaving property and effects within the Calcutta Jurisdiction of the Honourable Court to be administered unto and having as your Petitioner is informed and verily believes made his last Will and Testament
    In writing bearing date sixth day of July in the year of out Lord One thousand Eight Hundred and fifty seven which is annexed and marked as Exhibited A to the Affidavit hereto annexed and is therefpre appointed the Administrator General of Bengal for the time being Executor

The best translation I can get!

La date du testament est le 6 juillet 1857.
    Cela semble faire partie d'une demande d'administration de la succession

Que l'abovenamed François Antoine Sainte qui était dans son temps de la vie et au moment de sa mort un habitant chrétien et qui a porté sur les affaires d'un fabricant de bougie à Cossipore près de Calcutta dans les vingt-quatre Pergunnah a récemment quitté cette vie à Cossipore Les biens et les effets dans la juridiction de Calcutta de l'Honorable Cour d'être administré et ayant comme votre pétitionnaire est informé et croit vraiment fait son dernier testament
    Par écrit datant du sixième jour du mois de juillet de l 'année du Seigneur mil huit cent cinquante - sept qui est annexé et marqué comme exposé A de l' Affidavit ci - joint annexé et est là nommé Administrateur Général du Bengale pour l '

Quote Originally Posted by leonard24 View Post
    Very interesting but I can not find a name on hrionline.ac.uk. Or am I doing something wrong?

Should it be initiated? I want to know more
    You need to enter Marine Lodge and the number 282b. It is the history of that particular LOdge

Yes I fall on the image of your link but I can not find the history.

Do you find his son or other information?

England, Alien Arrivals, 1810-1811, 1826-1869
    Name: Antoine Sainte
    Port of Arrival: Southampton, England
    Arrival Date: 18 Feb 1845
    Port of Departure: Alexandria, Egypt
    Ship: Liverpool
    Country of Origin/Native of: France
    Described as a Merchant

I have now found the date of death was 6 July 1857

An application to administer the Estate was made by Charles Swinton HOGG esquire Barrister at Law and was granted 4 June 1858

The will mentions a brother Paul Auguste Sainte, there are children and a wife, but names are not recorded. The estate accounts are on line at FMP Findmypast

J'ai trouvé la date du décès le 6 juillet 1857

Une demande d'administration de la succession a été faite par Charles Swinton HOGG écuyer Barrister à Law et a été accordé le 4 juin 1858

La volonté mentionne un frère Paul Auguste Sainte, il ya des enfants et une femme, mais les noms ne sont pas enregistrés. Les comptes immobiliers sont en ligne à FMP Findmypast

Name: Paul Auguste Sainte
    Birth Date: 10 Janv. 1850 (10 Jan 1850)
    Birth Place: Calcutta, Indre-et-Loire

Paris, France & Vicinity Marriage Banns, 1860-1902
    Name: Paul Auguste Sainte
    Marriage Bann Date: 15 nov. 1874
    Father's name: Antoine François Sainte
    Mother's name: Catherine Joséphine Delbovier
    Spouse's Name: Eugenie Marie TAY

It looks as if Antoine left children under the age of 21 Paul would have been 7 years old.

FIBIS has several entry for SAINTE relayed to Antoine.

I am going to bed now nite

Couldn't resist
    Paris, France & Vicinity Marriages, 1700-1907
    Catherine Joséphine Delbovier
    Marriage Date: 29 juin 1843 (29 Jun 1843)
    Spouse's Name: Antoine Fois Sainte

Wedding of Henri Fandon FREDERICK and Emilie Joséphine SAINTE

Emilie Joséphine SAINTE, fille majeur de Antoine Francois SAINTE décédé en la dite ville de Calcutta le 31/05/1848 et de Catherine DELBOVIER son épouse décédé près de la meme ville à Cassipore le 16/05/1854.
    Francois Antoine Sainte aieul paternel de l'épouse décédé à Montmartre le 27/10/1847, Marie Madeleine SAVY son épouse et aieul paternel de l'épouse, décédé suivant acte déposé.
    L'épouse déclare avec serment qu'elle ignore le lieu du décès de ses aieuls maternels ainsi que celui de leurs dernier domicile.

Death of James Henry FREDERICK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast