Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think he's sitting on a stool. In regards to the rest of the photo, I think it was taken in a studio- which is why I think it was taken around the time of WWI.

The bottom half of the photo is not the best quality, so it's a little difficult to see if it is a kit bag between his leg. His trousers seem far too big for him.

Once WW1 got going, the priority was refilling regiments, I think that uniform fit was a minor detail....

I'm still not 100% sure about who he is. Hopefully by emailing all the info you've given me to the sender of the photo (and other family members), it will jog his memory. Hopefully he'll remember if anyone in the family was in the RFC or worked on an airbase.

And I think I'll do some research about Birkenhead/Leasowe during WWI.

You've all been such a big help! I really appreciate it.

SueNSW

Find my Past have Airmen's Service Records mostly from WW1 - they say from 1912 when the RFC was formed to 1939.

They also have the RAF Muster Roll for 1918 - though you may have seen this already as it has been added to Ancestry fairly recently

Might be worth a search - especially if you do have a possibility for him

Cheers Sue

thewideeyedowl

The surname Williams has been mentioned and also RAF Hooton Park. Have just checked CWGC for a Williams casualty that might fit. This came up:

https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...S,%20H%20W%20W.

No age given but he was a flight cadet when he was killed in August 1918 - (could have been in a training accident?????) - and is commemorated at St Luke's, Great Crosby.

Might be a possible?

Owl

SueNSW

He was Henry Warburton Williams - birth registered West Derby 4/4 of 1899

Son of John Warburton Williams and his wife Elizabeth

Cheers Sue

That won't be him. The names don't match anyone in the family. my great grandfather name was William Henry Williams born 1889. His mothers name was Martha and his fathers William Williams.

His brothers names were (possibly) George Thomas Williams and John Stanfield Williams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123