Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

You might want to take a close look at the 1939 England and Wales Register which is available on Ancestry.Com and Findmypast. If you look at Cywan surnames not including derivations you will note several individuals including David Henry Cywan b 1874; Jack b 1891 and 3 married women with married surname Cywan. The surname Sylvan also appears with 20 records including derivations.
    I have seen all these records and am happy to post but I think Jacqui already subscribes to Ancestry.Com.
    Let me know if you would like me to post the full data on each individual.

I suspect that there are more name changes among some of the Cywan/Syvan/Sylvan by 1939 which may not be recorded.

Phillip

Here are some newspaper records from the Jewish Chronicle regarding the Cywan surname- see JC Feb 22 1935- this looks like Jessie Cywan- A son Michael Jonathan was born on 14 Feb 1935 to Mrs Bernard B GILLIS ( Jessie CYWAN) at 20 Devonshire Place W1

Note also same address above for James CYWAN JC Nov 29 1935- On 24 Nov to Mr and Mrs James CYWAN (Josette SIMMONNET) a daughter Marie Louise 20 Devonshire Place W1

JC July 29 1955- Death James CYWAN 55 Park Lane W1 Age 53 father of Mark, Lou, Phillippe and Andrew

JC July 6 1956- Memorial Stone James (Jimmy) CYWAN Set Sunday Juloy 8 1956 Liberal Jewish Cemetery Willesden

Phillip

See also The London Gazette archives for references to Henry Cywan 1924;Ada Cywan 1926; Jules Cywan ( several records) Nb His Death in 1956 names him as JULES aka JAMES aka JIMMY Cywan. There are other Cywan records and you make want to look for surname changes and include the derivations Syvan/Sylvan.

The Cywan appear from these records plus census and 1939 Register to have been hairdressers/milliners/fur trade and this might help you track down other family members.

Phillip

Starting to feel at home

Phillip, I am searching. Unfortunately none of these names help me as I only have Joseph Zivan and that is sketchy.. This is why I did DNA but no matches that helped with a link to him. Hes a mystery!

Starting to feel at home

regarding the post I would be grateful to see the link
    If you look at Cywan surnames not including derivations you will note several individuals including David Henry Cywan b 1874; Jack b 1891 and 3 married women with married surname Cywan. The surname Sylvan also appears with 20 records including derivations.
    I have seen all these records and am happy to post but I think Jacqui already subscribes to Ancestry.Com.
    Let me know if you would like me to post the full data on each individual.

Jacqui
    Look on Ancestry.Com UK Records 1939 England and Wales Register ( very recently added new records)- see 1939 England and Wales Register (Copyright TNA) RG 101 531D
    Freda SIVAN Married b 31 August 1876 Unpaid Domestic Duties
    Samuel LUPINSKY Single b 19 April 1903 Printer ( Compositor)
    Living at 1 Wheler House Quaker Street Stepney

There are Jewish Chronicle Archive newspaper records on Hyman Lupinsky and Abraham Lupinsky but I can't see your people as yet.

Phillip

Starting to feel at home

Phillip, i can only find 1911 and no Sylvans at all. Sorry to be such an irritant!

Go onto Ancestry.Com -See all new records.New and updated United Kingdom-5 sets of data down from the top 1939 England and Wales Register- or type in Freda SIVAN b 1876 General Search.

See under 1939 records in Stepney Annie Sivan widow b 1890 and Joseph Sivan b 1912- no idea if relevant to you but same area as Freda. I would look at all derivations of the various names- Sivan/Syvan/Lupinsky/Cywan/Karchinsky etc with similar, soundtex etc just to keep all options open.

Phillip

Jacqui
    See my #38 and look at the thread 1939 Register Available elsewhere started 08.05.2018 particularly posts 11 and 12. I noted that for some of my lines there were transcription differences between Ancestry.Com and Findmypast.
    My strong advice is to use both sites to cross check names using the name search facilities.

All your family names are open to transcription errors because of surname interpretations by recorders all changes by individuals to first and last names. I spent 16 years looking for two of my relatives only to find that they had changed their first and last names and re- married in one case. I also have one male spouse adopting the surname of his wife.

In summary, it is best to look at all options.
    Phillip

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234