Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Barnett Syvan bar mitzvah

So i was wondering if my father had a bar mitzvah and if these were recorded anywhere? Knowing my dad was in Spittalfields in the 1947 census, and I dont have any idea how to find them before this date, when my dad was 13. 1934 ..when he must pf had this ceremony. Thank you so much. Hopefully if we find anything there may be some family names
    regards
    Jaqui Gee

There was no 1947 census so what records tell you he was in Spitalfields in 1947?
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Loves to help with queries

Hi you say below 'Maybe they only had a Jewish "union". Sorry what do you mean by union; a Jewish wedding is like any other wedding and is as legal. Think they are not going to marry in a church.

Quote Originally Posted by jaquigee View Post
    yes, that tree is mine! Freida left from Hamburg, 3 babies, expecting to find Phillip. But he was no where and Phillip's family didnt want to help her. So I cannot imagine the hardship she experienced. Unable to read or write and only spoke Yidas legal dish. We have been looking at the poor shelters and Freida had to put her babies for a while in an orphanage. In the meanwhile Phillip had gone back to his home town, Grajewo, and remarried, had a large family, and they died in Treblinka. Is it at Treblinka or in? So there are no records for the town of Korycin where Freda was supposedly born. There was a massive pogrom in 1903-1906 that the Cossacks and the Czar enjoyed, and hence the flee. In the war all the Jews were deported.You may be right that they didnt marry, although they were both religious. Maybe they only had a Jewish "union". Thank you for all the help, really..
    Jaqui

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    There was no 1947 census so what records tell you he was in Spitalfields in 1947?
    Name Daniel B
    Date of Registration 1947 - Apr-May-Jun[1947]
    Registration district Stepney
    Inferred County Middlesex
    Spouse Sylvia
    Volume Number 5d
    Page number 1642
    Sylvan, Kram Or Jacobs - 5d 1642
    Household Members
    Name Age
    Sylvia Kram
    Daniel B Sylvan
    CLOSE

Starting to feel at home

you are right.Not Spittalfields. sorry. I will look to see if there 1934

Starting to feel at home

Name Daniel Barnett Sylvan
    Year 1946
    County or Borough Tower Hamlets
    Ward or Division/Constituency Stepney
    CLOSE

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Talking Cywans

Hi, my grandfather was Henry Cywan ( mentioned in a previous post) and his children were Ada, jules and Jessie and his first wife was Helen Cywan. I don’t know of his ancestry but would be interested if you have any further information 😃 thanks

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Cywan

Hi, my grandfather was Henry Cywan and this record is him and his family. I would be interested in where you found this information and the record of Ada in particular. Also if you know any other information i would love to know. Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaquigee View Post
    this is from a friend of mine who sent this to me ages ago. I could find any connection between the my dads family and this... But as it states, we have nothing to go on.

The 1911 census of 7 Bow St., London lists Henry Cywan (37), a men's hairdresser born in Warsaw, his wife Helen (32), born in Wloclawek, their daughter Ada (11), born in Warsaw, and two London-born children, Julius (8) and Jessie (4-1/2). Ada was naturalized in 1930. The record is closed until 2031. Do you suppose these people could have been related to Freda's second husband? To me, it seems a better bet than Sylvan, but we don't have much to go on

Starting to feel at home

Nicola1234
    shlomobg AT aol DOT com Sheldon Beckerman may be able to help. He has an extensive family tree with Cywans as well. I think those names you have I got from the UK telephone directory. Im still trying to find that info Hold on..
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 31-01-2021 at 9:41 AM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammeers

Starting to feel at home

give me your email. I have the email that someone sent me with this

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast