Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here is Joseph Syvan birth- you will note that it was 1918 and not 1921.
    GRO Birth Index Joseph Syv....mother's maiden name LEPINSKY March qtr 1918 St George in the East 1c 300

The recorder of this entry could not decipher the full surname but you can see it is Freda's son. Here are the other GRO entries as per your approval in the last post:
    GRO Births Linda D Joseph Dec qtr 1944 Wetherby 9a 149 mother's maiden name Sylvan
    Maurice F Joseph Dec qtr 1951 Stepney 5d 704

Noted also on the South African Records site a range of Sylvan names.
    Phillip

GRO Death Index Joseph Sylvan b 14 Feb 1918 death Dec qtr 1981 Haringey; Find a Grave UK Joseph Sylvan b 1918 death 25 Nov 1981 Rainham Jewish Cemetery Plot N Row 12 Grave 7
    UK Incoming Passenger List Joseph Sylvan b 15 Feb 1918 Departure Durban South Africa Arrival 13 May 1955 Southampton

Phillip

You already have this data on your family tree but for other researchers who may help you further here is the GRO Marriage Record for Daniel Barnett Sylvan to Sylvia Kram or Jacobs (1921-2011) Stepney 5d 1642 April qtr 1947. Noted also your reference to the Jacobs aka Jalofsky ( may or may not be relevant but see National Archives UK- Naturalisation Certificate Issued 21 Dec 1918 to Solomon Jalofsky from Russia resident in Liverpool. You can buy these certificates online via the NA.
    Phillip

Starting to feel at home

I find that my fathers name of birth, Barnett Syvan and changing it to Daniel Barnett Sylvan fascinating. I have no idea why the name was changed at all! My son is Daniel, and I feel weird about telling him!

Loves to help with queries

Default 2nd Marriage

I am wondering, Jacob was not exactly a young man when he met Frieda he seems quiet lot older.. so perhaps they never actually got married. As to the remark about a Jewish Wedding, In England a wedding was a wedding it would have been recorded

Starting to feel at home

Default ship records

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    You already have this data on your family tree but for other researchers who may help you further here is the GRO Marriage Record for Daniel Barnett Sylvan to Sylvia Kram or Jacobs (1921-2011) Stepney 5d 1642 April qtr 1947. Noted also your reference to the Jacobs aka Jalofsky ( may or may not be relevant but see National Archives UK- Naturalisation Certificate Issued 21 Dec 1918 to Solomon Jalofsky from Russia resident in Liverpool. You can buy these certificates online via the NA.
    Phillip
    thank you for the records. I wish they told us where he actually came from. Russia is so vast!

Starting to feel at home

I think that there should be ship manifests for Dora or Devorah to Abraham Koppel k Stone (Stein?)around that time (1900)
    also Ester Korchinsky Or Yetta. Whew!

For clarity and to help other researchers here is data on the first children of Freide Lipinski aka Korchinski aka Karchinsky aka Syvan aka Silvan/Zivan. The Hamburg Passenger Lists record her departure in 1913 from Hamburg and arrival in Grimsby age 33 from Grodno with children Leibe age 3 and a half years; Chaje age 2 and half years and Schepsel age 2 months. Leibe became Leslie LUPINSKY 1908-1940 see JewishGen UK records for his death in WW2 -81 Cleveland Gardens The Vale Golders Green spouse Rose mother Mrs SIVAN 1 Wheeler House Quaker Street Brick Lane E1. Leslie died age 31 Russian National - Death Dec qtr 1940 Hendon 3a 1145- Marriage Leslie L Lupinsky Dec qtr 1934 Willesden 3a 1031- Rose ASHER. Schepsel became Samuel 1913-1993; Anna maybe Annie Lupinsky who married in 1933 but this is not confirmed in family trees.
    Phillip

Starting to feel at home

Thank you for reading this. I have found DNA matches, maybe 5-7 generations for the name Cywan. This could have been the original name of my grand father... Jacob (Yaakov) Syvan/Zivon etc even Sivon. MAYBE he came from Wizna in Poland. I don't know how to find his immigration to UK record. Is there anyone that can do this search for me.

If you look at the National Archives UK Data base you can see references to Alien's Registration Cards 1918-1957 series MEPO 35 Nb this data is not on line; Alien's Entry Books 1794-1921 ( these records can be seen online via Ancestry.Co. Uk; Certificates of alien's arrivals, returns and papers 1810-1869 HO2 and HO3 ( can be seen online via Ancestry.Co.UK); see also Findmypast records online ( pay site as is Ancestry.Com); see Familysearch site under Syvan; Sylvan- see Slovakia Church and Synagogue Records for Syvan name ( several records from early 1800s).

I have looked at the Ancestry.Com records for Immigration, Alien records but can see no reference to Jacob including last name derivations but this of course depends on what names he may have used and these may not be Jacob or Syvan/Sylvan/Zivan etc
    Phillip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast