ChuckM

Default Identifying Burial Location

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for the burial place of Lachlan McBayne, who died in Clifton, St. Andrew, Gloucestershire 21 February 1848. He was born in 1778 in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have looked at "Find-a-Grave" and also have looked on-line to see if I can identify a potential cemetery (possibly St. Andrew's Church or Arnos Vale), but I am not certain and I have not been able to identify a burial registry for these locations. I plan to reach out to Arnos Vale (if necessary) but wanted to see if I could at least narrow down the potential locations (and possibly identify the cemetery name) before contacting Arnos Vale.

Any suggestions regarding sources (burial registries and potential cemetery's) would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Chuck

Reputation beyond repute

Bit early for a cemetery.

He was buried in St Andrew's churchyard on 28 Feb 1848.

Apparently the Church was demolished in 1956, having been badly damaged in WW2. The site called Gloucestershire Places of Worship says that the graveyard and some of the memorials have survived.
    GENUKI gives the contact info for several FHSs HERE. It might be worth asking them whether photos exist.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

In case you wish to apply for the Death certificate

Lachlan McBayne
    Registration Year: 1848
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration district: Clifton Gloucestershire
    Volume: 11 Page: 259

From www.gro.gov.uk cost £9.25p

I was surprised at the amount info that came up on a search of the name Lachlan McBAYNE on ancestry including the info below!

Thos Cumming Mcbayne
    Parish: Kingston
    Baptism Date: 1818
    Baptism Place: Kingston, Jamaica
    Father: Lacklan Mcbayne
    Mother:
    FHL Film Number:
    Page Number:

ChuckM

Thank you for the replies. I took a look in the monumental inscriptions section of the B&AHFS site and see that Lachlan, his wife Eliza and son, William, are buried in St. Andrews. Another son, Evan Forbes, is in Frampton Cotterell. Thanks again.